Wellness & Benefits Specialist
Abarca HealthPlans and employers deserve intelligent, flexible and user-friendly PBM services. We built a platform with infinite possibilities.
What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning.
We are growing our Talent Strategy teams and You could be our next Talent Benefits Specialist! As Talent Benefits Specialist you will assist the Talent Strategy team in carrying out general department tasks. You will support the team by providing, creating, and managing employee services, policies, and programs for the entire company. You will play a significant supporting role on the day-to-day execution of benefits administration, and wellness program.
The fundamentals for the job…
- This is how we roll in this position: for starters, you will support the Talent Strategy team to develop and continuously enhance the employee experience.
- Designing and implementing wellness program across the organization including but not limited to group fitness activities, workshops, employee health programs, wellness fairs and special events; facilitate the management and modification of these programs.
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Audit summary plan descriptions for accuracy, recommend changes, manage employee eligibility and payment of invoices
- Provide assistance to employees to complete worker's compensation documents & claims
- Support the development and implementation on employee communications related to new and existing benefits and wellness program
- Responsible for processing 401K enrollments, changes in employee contribution, terminations, and audits.
- Responsible for the 401K contributions upload and reports reconciliation.
- Support on tasks related to US & PR benefits administration such as: perks orientation, benefit enrollments, terminations, and changes, monthly reconciliations, and payments, renewal, and open enrollments.
- Provide support to employees by responding benefits inquiries and serving as a liaison with health plan provider to resolve an issue.
- Assist in the facilitation, communication, and planning of Wellness program initiatives.
- Promote and support recognition program efforts across the organization. Monitors recognition platform utilization.
- Provide required monthly accrual and benefits report to Finance Department.
- Supports OSHA 300 and 300A fillings. Support filling incident report for CFSE and US worker compensation
- Support internal and external audit processes related to his/her direct area.
- Other general TS tasks…basically whatever we might need your support with, because you are all in!
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Human Resources, Marketing, or a business-related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered).
- 4-5 years of experience in benefits.
- excellent presentation skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, customer service focused, and very organized.
- Computer proficient, you are adept using Microsoft Office products, and have plenty of Internet know-how
- Bilingual English & Spanish is required.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Detailed: Nothing gets by you and you rarely forget a thing. When learning some new procedure, you’re the type to take notes. When everyone else is still lost, you’re already at the next steps. Others count on this skill of yours. Maybe due to your detailed nature, you are also exquisitely good at planning. You like to make plans and follow through, meticulously.
- Fixer: You like to provide comprehensive solutions, keeping in mind both internal and external needs. You keep with the mantra of always being part of the solution (not the precipitate). Those who rush to precipitate, you’ve learned, repent at leisure.
- Focused: You take direction, follow through, and make the necessary corrections to stay on track. Prioritize, and then act. You are like a super soldier or an average termite: focus super powers. Most of us spread our focus on too many things and that’s to our detriment.
- People Person: You are interested in others and enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. You feel rewarded just from breaking the ice and making a connection with another. You would probably excel as a diplomat.
- Integrity: You don’t have a dishonest or disloyal cell in your body. Down to the marrow, you can be trusted. This applies to everything about you in every area. Some people can find this quality boring, but it’s as rare as element 115 and just as precious.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs