Snr. Software Engineer (Remote) (Position located in Cape Town, South Africa)
Cape Town, South Africa
KnowBe4, Inc.KnowBe4 provides Security Awareness Training to help you manage the IT security problems of social engineering, spear phishing and ransomware attacks.
Please submit your resume in English.
To learn more about our team and office culture in Cape Town, South Africa visit the following links.
Careers Page: https://www.knowbe4.com/careers/locations/cape-town
The Senior Software Engineer will join the fully-remote, local South African development team, a small cross functional, yet high output group of developers, designer, and testers, with extensive experience in developing web-scale solutions and rapid product development.
The team runs scrum and has a lot of autonomy about internal processes.
We are part of an engineering team of about 80 people.
The entire global engineering team attends a bi-annual engineering summit in Clearwater to meet face to face and connect with colleagues in person.
The local team has planning and bonding events in South Africa once per quarter, but team members often get together in co-working spaces to work together in person.
You’re going to get to work on very high-impact and challenging projects. We have millions of monthly active users across tens of thousands of clients, who all rely on us to keep their organisations safe from social engineering.
- Design and develop applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop back or front-end end solutions and APIs
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field or 5 years of experience in software engineering
- 5 years of software engineering
- Strong senior software engineer with solid web application development experience that wants to work in a high performance team within a global, hyper-growth company
- Have a passion for creating high-quality, secure, performant code with great automated test coverage, and be familiar with all the tools of the trade that are needed to do that
- Must understand DevOps, how to run apps on AWS infrastructure and understand how code should be built, tested, deployed and run in a scalable, performant way
- Know your way around at least one database engine (MySQL or Postgres for preference), can write and optimise complex queries and you understand how to design a relational DB schema for maintainability and performance
- Enjoy learning new technologies and have a track record of being able to pick them up quickly
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Other jobs like this
Enterprise Search - Ingestion Team - Senior Software EngineerBackend CI/CD Elastic ETL Integrations Java Mentor Open Source Rails Ruby +2
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Senior/Staff Fullstack Engineer, Incubation: Attack & Breach SimulationBackend Co-working DevOps Distributed systems OKRs Open Source Product management Recruiting Talent acquisition Terraform +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs