Internal Audit Manager
Cloudflare, Inc.Here at Cloudflare, we make the Internet work the way it should. Offering CDN, DNS, DDoS protection and security, find out how we can help your site.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Position
As the Internal Audit Manager, you will support the Director of SOX & Internal Audit in executing all aspects of Cloudflare’s Operational Audits. You will also support the execution of Business Process Controls testing for SOX. This includes execution of test of design and test of operating effectiveness for controls deemed reliant by our external auditors.
What you'll do
- Manage and execute the Internal Audit plan - operational audit planning, risk assessment, fieldwork, issues validation, reporting, and monitoring working under the supervision of the Director of SOX & Internal Audit
- Execute audits in accordance with department and professional standards, and complete assignments timely in an efficient manner
- Prepare audit workpapers and reports with minimal intervention
- Work closely with control owners on execution of test of design & operating effectiveness for SOX controls
- Liaise with and work closely with the SOX Team and external auditors to manage testing activities for SOX.
- Make improvement recommendations of the control environment through audits and/or project participation
- Provide effective and timely reporting to IA leadership on SOX testing status, roadblocks and create/drive plans to remove roadblocks
- Serve as a business partner to key stakeholders to advise on process, internal control, risk, and compliance activities
- Document all IA & SOX work in the AuditBoard tool
- Drive personal professional development, including training & certification
- Report to the Director of SOX & Internal Audit
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5-7 years of Internal Audit, SOX or Finance Compliance experience
- Considerable knowledge and a proven track record in applying internal controls and accounting principles and practices, specifically as it relates to SOX risk assessment, process documentation, control design assessment, test plan design, testing of operational effectiveness and documenting of deficiencies
- Good knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, specifically audit methodologies, risk assessment, sampling techniques, audit documentation and report writing
- Exposure to key sub-functions of the SOX program and a deep understanding of SOX internal controls framework and certifications process
- Demonstrated experience in effective management reporting
- Effective communicator, ability to build relations & manage expectations
- CIA (preferred). CPA bonus (not mandatory)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Other jobs like this
Arm Treasure Data
Director Data EngineeringAccount management Agile Big Data Cloud-based CRM Data-driven Digital marketing ERP Hadoop Mentor +4
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Startup environment
Arctic Wolf Networks
Director, Product Management - ConciergeAgile Coaching Cross-functional Cybersecurity Data Analysis Mentor Mentoring Product management Recruiting Security +3
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Parental leave +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs