Systems Reliability Engineer
ThoughtSpotThoughtSpot is a business intelligence and big data analytics platform that helps you explore, analyze and share real-time business analytics data easily.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balance-for-the-better) and inclusion.
We are looking for a well-rounded customer facing professional to join our SRE team. The right candidate for this role will be passionate about helping customers deploy/maintain/troubleshoot distributed services/applications in the cloud and on-premise infrastructure. You will be responsible for the big picture of how the services in the ThoughtSpot stack relate to each other and use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. You are the ideal candidate if you take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
- Take a customer-first approach to troubleshoot, debug and diagnose product issues.
- Ensure prompt and accurate updates, meet SLAs and provide timely resolution to customer issues.
- Create knowledge-base articles to document knowledge and help customers self service.
- Understand the requirements and nuances of data centers and public cloud (VMware, AWS, Azure, GCP) features.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot ThoughtSpot cloud infrastructure.
- Work with Engineering teams to define, and implement tools to enhance debuggability, supportability, availability, scalability, and performance.
- Be an expert in cloud and on-premise infrastructure by developing automation and best practices.
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical SRE systems, lead the incident review and root cause analysis.
- Understand cloud NetOps and SecOps aspects.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant industry experience.
- Relevant work experience troubleshooting Linux Systems.
- Experience in virtualization and Cloud technologies
- Experience in enterprise customer support, on-call rotation for critical SRE systems, leading incident review and root cause analysis.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems and work with Engineering on escalated issues.
- Strong problem solving skills, algorithmic thinking and a strong foundation in how systems should work.
- Understanding of tools & frameworks required to Operate and manage Cloud infrastructure.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Solid communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to leverage automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability.
- Familiarity with programming languages like C/C++, Python, Go or Java.
- Exposure to infrastructure and service monitoring tools.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ThoughtSpot is the Modern Analytics Cloud company. Our mission is to create a more fact-driven world with the easiest to use analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, anyone can leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. Companies can now put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications improve decision-making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s developer-friendly platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. Organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society rely on ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.
Other jobs like this
Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Healthcare & Life Sciences, AWS Professional ServicesAnalytics AWS Data-driven DynamoDB EMR Hadoop Java Kafka Life Sciences NoSQL +7
Career development Conferences Health care Salary bonus Signing bonus +1
Career development Signing bonus
Senior Solutions Architect NoCalAnalytics AWS Azure CI/CD Cloud-based Cloud solutions DevOps Machine Learning NoSQL Security +1
Career development Conferences Flex hours Salary bonus Signing bonus
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs