Operations Strategy Associate
Remote (anywhere in the U.S.)
HomewardStand out in today's tough real estate market with a more competitive bid. Make a cash offer. Buy your new home and then sell your old one. Homeward is homebuying the way it ought to be.
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We’re building a world-class Operations Strategy team; one that combines highly effective processes and systems that enable efficiency and scale. This role will support Homeward’s Title & Escrow business with insights, analyses, and thought partnership on the most complex problems to enable growth and exceptional customer experience.
The right person for this role has the ability to leverage data, communicate actionable insights and help drive business outcomes. We're looking for an analytically-savvy individual who can identify operational gaps, facilitate workflow optimization, and change management. Our ideal candidate is both entrepreneurial with the ability to innovate and take initiative, as well as team-oriented with strong cross-functional collaboration skills. The primary objective of this position is to help drive efficiencies within Homeward Title.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- There is a Homeward Title-specific strategic initiative that we would like to implement, how do we 1) structure the project and 2) lead it to completion?
- Our Homeward Title closing NPS with agents has dipped significantly - how do we turn around, operationalize, and execute on a plan to fix it?
- How do we help facilitate Homeward's market expansion? What is our go-to-market strategy for launching in new Title markets?
- How do we develop reporting capabilities to track key SLAs and KPIs?
In this role, you will:
- Work across all Title & Escrow functions to optimize existing internal processes to facilitate strong business outcomes aligned to our broader organizational goals
- Partner with Title & Escrow team leads to scope, prioritize, and lead strategic initiatives (project management is a must)
- Support the Title & Escrow business with quarterly and yearly planning exercises across capacity modeling, OKR cycles, and KPI target setting
- Leverage data to collect actionable insights; generate novel analyses that educate business decisions, drive KPI execution (i.e. productivity, cycle time, quality) and support increasingly efficient scale
- Develop, monitor, and improve data, tools and reports required by functional leadership, including, but not limited to, forecasting, planning, budgeting, and performance management processes used within the Operations teams
- Develop bonus compensation plans to drive business results that align to targets
- Have a blast! We are a fun team with interesting problems ahead.
What you will bring:
- 2-4 years of experience in a management consulting, BizOps/Internal Consulting, and/or investment banking role; strong project management skills a must
- Comfortable with performing analysis (Google Sheets/Excel skills are a must; SQL/Salesforce skills are a nice to have)
- Love driving projects to success - willing to partner with initiative owners to identify process improvement opportunities and managing the project to the finish line
- Strong bias-to-action, practicality and effectiveness - feel empowered to drive impact!
- Strong communication and relationship building/stakeholder management skills
- Title & Escrow or residential real estate industry experience a major plus; but not necessary
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.
Other jobs like this
Customer Success Operations AnalystCRM Data-driven Excel High growth Looker Powerpoint Project Management SaaS Salesforce Stock options +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Customer Success Strategy & Operations AssociateA/B testing Airtable Analytics Banking Coaching CSM Data-driven Excel High growth Management Consulting +2
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Process and Knowledge Management Partner (Sales Operations)Analytics Big Data Cross-functional Customer-facing Customer feedback Data-driven Integrations Kanban Machine Learning Open Source +1
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +8
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs