Cloud Automation Tester
Remote - Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
1SpatialWe deliver real value by making geospatial data current, automated, complete and consistent. Delivering value from smarter data - Find out more today
1Spatial is leading the world’s digital revolution in Geospatial Information Management. Whether mapping the natural world or building infrastructure, our systems sit at the heart of the programmes that aim to maximise efficiency of managing complex spatial data and contributing to the world’s solutions for reducing human environmental impact on our planet, enabling more sustainable utility asset management that underpin many of the things we take for granted such as water, energy, telecommunications, and their security. Our award-winning powerful technology helps organisations take cost-effective control of their spatial and non-spatial data throughout its lifecycle, making it fit for purpose, compliant, and of a consistent quality to enable their services to deliver safer, smarter, and sustainable communities. We are headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with operations in the UK, Ireland, USA, France, Belgium, Tunisia, and Australia
Our Development Team:
Our UK office is the heart of our Product Development and our biggest Development Hub, with a strong team of 40+ developers, testers, product owners, technical authors, machine learning specialists and UI/UX designers. We are looking to grow our team to make our latest innovation initiatives a reality. Our autonomous cross-functional teams plan, develop, test and deliver powerful enterprise systems and web, mobile, desktop and cloud applications using well established but continuously improving industry standard practices, languages, tools and platforms. We have two main streams of application development - Java and C#, underpinned by our patented rules engine technology and a proprietary object-oriented database and data processing core. These are, empowered by front-end technologies such as React and Xamarin and integrated by powerful DevOps pipelines along with a breadth of stream specific automated testing.
Join us and shape the future of our development teams responsible for products and solutions as they continue to evolve and innovate our 1Spatial Platform on SaaS environments. We are looking for people to join this exciting initiative that will deliver state of the art data management and integration products to all our markets – government, utilities, and transport. As an Automation Tester you will be contributing and to a cross functional Agile Scrum team of developers, testers, and product managers, as well as utilising, enhancing your existing skills or learning technologies such as Java, Selenium, RestAssured, Docker and CI/CD tools and practices. You will be a key ambassador to quality and will help 1Spatial deliver its products and solutions into the cloud, looking at capabilities from usage monitoring and automated billing, elastic scalability, and resilience, through to automated deployments and security best practices.
What would make you an excellent Cloud Automation Tester at 1Spatial?
- Passion and keen interest in the power of good DevOps practices.
- Experience in writing test code in Java for RESTfull API testing using automated testing tools and frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, RestAssured or others.
- Experience in non-functional testing such as resilience, performance, load and security.
- Experience in Cloud computing tools and practices such as containerisation and container orchestration.(K8S)
A great fit but not essential (there is plenty to learn on the job!):
- Experience using at least one Cloud Service Providers technologies (Preferably Azure).
- Experience of data manipulation and relational databases.
- Understanding of geographic data and map-based interfaces/APIs.
In return we can offer you :
- Fantastic opportunity to shape the future of the innovative 1Spatial Platform allowing businesses to master their data on any device, anywhere, anytime.
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and funding for Cloud Certifications through a Personal Development Allowance.
- Long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- Friendly and collaborative environment where every 1Team member is treated with trust and respect
- Flexible work hours (37.5h a week) and location - remote, hybrid or office based in our Cambridge offices.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Development Allowance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
Other jobs like this
Product Manager - Platform and IntegrationsCRM Data Analysis Integrations Product decisions Product management Project Management R&D Research SaaS Subject matter expert
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs