Advanced C++ Developer
Remote - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PDFTron Systems Inc.Embed our PDF SDK to add 100's of features to your web, mobile, desktop app. Annotate, View, Convert, Form Fill, Create, Edit, Manipulate, Parse, Extract, Sign.
We are looking for talented software developers with a winning combination of passion, skills, experience and dedication to join our team and work on our existing code base as well as our next-generation products. As a software developer in our company, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must.
Location: Vancouver or remote within Canada
- Work as part of the core C++ development team, implementing new features and improving existing functionality of our flagship PDFTron SDK.
- Engage in all stages of development from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance.
- Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
- Assist and collaborate with other developers.
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ development.
- Excellent software design skills.
- 5+ years experience developing complex software projects and applications.
- Strong analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working independently, and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), and image compression technologies.
- Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
- Flexible and with experience working as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A comprehensive extended benefits package including health, dental and vision for you and your family that starts from day one.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bi-weekly lunches and monthly socials (virtual for now).
- Unlimited learning development budget so you can master your craft.
- Annually recurring WFH allowance
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with (Windows or Mac)
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
- Excellent work-life balance with a flexible work environment.
- Work remotely in Canada/Vancouver or in our convenient office location in downtown, your choice!
PDFTron is the industry-leading provider of document software development (SDK) technology powering everything from traditional desktop software to innovative web and mobile applications. With over 20 years of expertise, we are actively changing the way the world works with documents.
We are also a fast-growing company. Since having secured a $95M strategic growth investment in 2019, we have grown from approximately 50 employees to over 315, made 9 acquisitions, and in 2021, Thoma Bravo, the top private investment firm in the world for software, came on board with another strategic growth investment.
Customers like IBM, Autodesk, DocuSign, Boeing, Microsoft (and many more!) come to us to realize their web and mobile strategies for document management, editing, and collaboration as the #1-ranked commercial document SDK of choice for companies worldwide. As a result, you can find our document technology in thousands of solutions, including those of household names, used by millions across virtually every industry. Our XODO app alone has 25M unique installs -- and counting -- and the highest ratings among PDF productivity apps on the largest online app marketplaces.
Internally, we foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every individual amidst an exciting and challenging entrepreneurial culture. Career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator, and successful leader.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.
Other jobs like this
Solutions ArchitectAnalytics API AWS Customer-facing Customer feedback Life Sciences Linux Manufacturing R&D SaaS +2
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +1
Full Stack Engineer - Community Tools, Website and Docs (Remote)Agile Analytics B2B Co-working Full stack GitHub HTML Open Source Python React +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +5
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs