Backend Software Engineer (SWE II) - B2B
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
Since 2017 and Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
About The Tribe
B2B (Business-to-Business) Tribe is the tribe owning the engineering aspects of the corporate's business vertical in Swvl. Swvl Corporate is a one-stop solution for organizational commutes and travel needs. With our technology, we help companies manage their transportation network more efficiently. Hereby, our technology enables optimized routes as well as 100% data-driven network planning.
We provide companies with a subscription-based managed service where we provide vehicles and manage the daily operations for transporting employees along with the system. Our expertise enables us to provide the optimal number of vehicles and fleet mix that fits each individual organization and their needs regardless of the industry, and the ability to offer more optimized rides at a lower cost. Our systems absorb any supply network giving access to create flexible schedules and timelines for all clients regardless of the industry with 100% reliability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and mentor Junior Software Engineers in understanding coding standards, tools, and best practices to help their growth and our team’s overall success.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code using Node/GO/ Scala.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining APIs.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Comfortable in building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure. You are driven to improve performance, enhance code quality, and establish best practices for your team.
- Work closely with SREs and DevOps teams to enhance product release cycles, improve logging, tracing and error handling mechanisms, and also participate in product live releasing activities.
- Write solid unit tests with good coverage, familiar with release procedures, coding design, and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
- Take any chance you can get to share knowledge with the team.
- You are an awesome experienced engineer that is more than comfortable writing Node.JS, Go or Scala.
- 3+ Years of Experience in Software Development.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge managing NoSQL databases/search engines such as ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with software CI/CD concepts and systems.
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management
- Understanding and Experience with microservices architecture
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs