Senior Backend Software Engineer (Sr. SWE I) - Viapool
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and is currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 22 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
About The Tribe
Viapool's Healthcare TaaS is the platform that connects patients with medical conditions that require regular treatments in need of round trip transportation with available drivers using certain types of vehicles.
The goal is to be a reliable and safe platform to help both the patients and the drivers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and mentor Junior Software Engineers in understanding coding standards, tools, and best practices to help their growth and our team’s overall success.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code using Node/GO/Scala
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Comfortable in building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure. You are driven to improve performance, enhance code quality, and establish best practices for your team.
- You are an awesome experienced engineer that is more than comfortable writing Typescript/JS code in NodeJS and have experience with other backend languages such as Go, Scala, Python, Java, etc
- 5-+8 Years of Experience in Software Development.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals and algorithms, with a deep solid understanding of the object-oriented paradigm and functional programming paradigm.
- Experience with REST APIs
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of different datastores
- Experience with caching systems
- Experience with software ci/cd systems
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experiencia con AWS, Bash Scripts, Docker.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs