Research Software Engineer - Marketplace
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer to join our team.
About Marketplace Tribe:
Marketplace is the platform that connects customers and captains. Our goal is to be reliable, profitable, and scalable. We do this by focusing on ETAs (Estimated Time of Arrivals), pricing, dispatching, supporting multiple choices of rides, and the network’s efficient coverage growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will help advance R&D by finding problems, implementing elegant solutions, and building tools that enable the team to move forward and to measure progress.
- You will design minimum viable products that can help get feedback for the team and validate their solution.
- You will collaborate with diverse teams of scientists and engineers to build advanced software systems.
- You will own the infrastructure and tooling used by the different members of the team to enable them to be more productive, efficient and accurate.
- Support the product delivery team with the early stages of transitioning prototypes to production.
- 4+ years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining different applications and systems
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent practical software engineering ability (e.g. Python, C/C++, Golang)
- A strong experience working as a Software Engineer in a research lab or in industry.
- Has the mindset of scoping and building minimum viable products (MVP).
- Hands-on experience building efficient data pipelines for large-scale processing (e.g. kafka), and great knowledge on relevant data structures and algorithms.
- In depth experience with parallel programming and distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop … etc)
- Experience with cloud computing and automation tools. (e.g. AWS EC2, EMR … etc)
- Knowledge of visualization tools and different frontend frameworks. (bonus)
- Knowledge of performance tuning and profiling (Bonus)
- Knowledge of deploying and managing services on a kubernetes cluster (Bonus)
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Analyst, Reporting & AnalyticsAnalytics APIs Consumer products Customer-facing Data-driven Data visualization ETL Excel NoSQL Project Management +4
Career development Health care Salary bonus Startup environment Wellness +1
(Sr.) Site Reliability Engineer - CloudAPI AWS Blockchain CI/CD Data-driven Kubernetes Linux Machine Learning Open Source PostgreSQL +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs