Senior Android Software Engineer (Sr. SWE I) - B2B
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
About The Tribe
B2B (Business-to-Business) Tribe is the tribe owning the engineering aspects of the corporate's business vertical in Swvl. Swvl Corporate is a one-stop solution for organizational commutes and travel needs. With our technology, we help companies manage their transportation network more efficiently. Hereby, our technology enables optimized routes as well as 100% data-driven network planning.
We provide companies with a subscription-based managed service where we provide vehicles and manage the daily operations for transporting employees along with the system. Our expertise enables us to provide the optimal number of vehicles and fleet mix that fits each individual organization and their needs regardless of the industry, and the ability to offer more optimized rides at a lower cost. Our systems absorb any supply network giving access to create flexible schedules and timelines for all clients regardless of the industry with 100% reliability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Influence and contribute to Android architecture across the engineering organization.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team and Android chapter.
- Work hands-on in a squad.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the Android chapter.
- Define, scope out and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl android application.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
- 5+ years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining native Android apps
- Expert level knowledge in Android development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- Understanding of software design patterns and Android design patterns
- 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Experience working closely with product and design
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs