Release Engineering Lead
Remote (Central European Time (CET))
ParityParity Technologies builds core blockchain infrastructure. From Parity Ethereum, the most advanced Ethereum client, to Polkadot, the next-generation interoperable blockchain network.
Parity’s Polkadot blockchain implementation has seen 115 releases so far. On top of that the list of our releasable artefacts range from mobile apps to html-based offline desktop apps (yes, this is a thing).
Parity focuses on building and delivering trustless software and solutions to the World. While the Parity’s engineers focus on building the next generation Blockchains and Parachains, the Release Engineering team is in charge of building, packaging and distributing the software.
Parity is looking for an industrious Release Automation Engineering Lead to help us stay on top of a rather extensive release roadmap, and adhering to our rigorous security standards while doing so (on-premise hardware for cleanroom builds etc) .
You will take our freshest codebases and turn them into shiny signature-wrapped binaries ready for the final QA round and publishing — then upload the result to appropriate locations, updating release notes and posting the announcements. And hopefully you won’t be doing this by hand, no — but automated, with style.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a small but highly skilled team of Release Engineers, mostly based in Europe.
- Driving and managing the development of tooling and automation aiming at a “train style” release schedule
- Scheduling and planning our release and delivery process, making sure that releases are driven to completion as smoothly and reliably as possible
- The team’s roadmap, ensuring that it is well organized, meticulously automated with comprehensive documentation backing up the work
- Initiating a series of new reforms which will not only have a high impact on the RelEng Team, but also the wider Engineering teams.
- Cross functional collaboration with teams outside of RelEng. You will be a person who will have a deep understanding of what is happening in the Engineering and Tooling Teams.
- Having difficult conversations from time to time. You won’t be shy in pushing back when the need arises.
- Putting security at the core of everything we do as a team.
We expect that you :
- Have extensive experience with reasonable build systems (ideally this would be cargo, since we’re a Rust shop).
- are fluent in bash — but bonus points if your weapon of choice is some other, more modern scripting language.
- have seen enough Linux internals to reason about choice of the libc version to link our software with.
- can figure out how to build software for Mac and Windows if necessary.
- know how to Docker/Kubernetes your way around.
- are able to maintain the security of our build systems and supply chains, knowing that there are threats out there who are advanced, persistent and are after us in particular.
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (while keeping appropriate safety protocols into account)
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs