Connectivity Support Lead - APAC
MessageBirdThe world’s most innovative companies build communication solutions using MessageBird’s applications and APIs — to talk to customers over any channel, for any use use, anywhere in the world.
Transform the communications world!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
- What’s my job title? Connectivity Support Lead. - APAC
- Where in the world? You can work remotely from anywhere within the APAC region.
- Working hours? For this role, you will operate within the APAC time zones.
- What language(s) are required? Fluency in English, any other language is a plus.
As the Connectivity Support Lead, you’ll ensure that the team is prepared to handle a wide range of questions. With your solid technical background and ability to pick up new technologies quickly, you’re able to train and manage a team of team members that range from a fresh grad to a seasoned technical connectivity support specialist.
Members of our Connectivity Support Team are the proud frontline of this company, they tackle highly technical issues and functions as the link between Routing, Connectivity, and the Engineering teams to make it all happen.
As Connectivity Support Lead, you’ll make sure that the troubleshooting of reported traffic issues, analysing the connectivity setup, and testing of our connections by the Support team all run smoothly. With your solid understanding of SMPP and SS7 configurations, you’re able to train and manage a team of skilled Connectivity Support professionals.
As one of the pillars of the larger Support Team, you need to think on your feet and are used to responding to pressing questions and emails within 30 minutes. Whether it’s onboarding, training, scaling up a global operations team, or digging into a support question when you need to, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty. You love solving technical puzzles and translating that into digestible chunks.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What You’ll Do
- You’re the voice of the company and interact in a friendly, professional, and personal way to customer escalations.
- You are a people manager at heart; you will manage, coach, lead and inspire a group of high potential employees.
- Roll your sleeves up and tackle the customer backlog of tickets if necessary, take a customer escalation after-hours and ensure sales and leadership is kept informed.
- You have excellent analytical skills and know-how to prioritize and delegate tasks
- You can work independently but know where to find and ask for information when it’s missing (Go & get it!)
What You’ll Bring
- Solid understanding of the telecom or networking industry
- Experience in troubleshooting general connectivity issues
- You can translate the trajectory of SMS traffic from A to B to any audience
- 5+ years of experience in a Support-related role at a global communications provider
- Experience with onboarding, training, and scaling up a Connectivity Support team
- Experience with managing people in a multicultural environment
- You’re able to conduct regular, standardized quality checks and provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Experienced in managing both up and down, ensuring alignment with the company’s goals, and translating these into actionable targets.
- You speak fluent (native-level) English with one, preferably fluent in one or two other languages.
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We call ourselves Birds!
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 750 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless.
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get sh*t done”. Our Birds choose where they work from in the region or country we’re hiring in, so long as it’s within the job’s complementary timezone as indicated in the Job descriptions — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement:
Other jobs like this
API Support EngineerAPI APIs Cross-functional Customer feedback Deep Learning GitHub Integrations Machine Learning NLP Podcasts +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs