Software Engineer - Alto Assistant
Alto PharmacyAlto is a full-service pharmacy that delivers prescriptions to your door for free, seven days a week. We work with your doctor and insurance to always get you the best price and pharmacists are available via phone, text, email, and app to...
Alto is America’s leading digital pharmacy, transforming a $500 billion industry. Founded in 2015, Alto’s better pharmacy model is centered on the critical role of pharmacists as the final link in a person’s health journey. Alto combines expert pharmacist care with purpose-built technology to deliver a more convenient and affordable experience for those who need medication. To date, Alto has fulfilled more than three million prescriptions, expanded to twelve markets, and built a mobile app experience that makes it easier than ever to manage medications and chat with a pharmacist. As Alto continues its rapid growth, it remains customer obsessed, with an industry-leading NPS score of 86.
The Alto Assistant team is growing and we need another product minded engineer to join us as we build an incredible patient support experience. We are focused on helping patients find the help they need on their own without even needing support, and improving the tools that our care specialists use to provide support so that they can respond faster and more accurately to our patients unique needs. This role will involve a lot of collaboration with product and design, as well as shadowing our care specialists and empathizing with our patients to learn all the different scenarios they may need help with. The problem we are solving is urgent - this team will be moving fast, but will need to avoid breaking things. We are eager to invite someone to our team from a unique background - so if you are not a comp sci major, or have only a brief experience in the tech industry please apply. If you have another background that provides unique insight into healthcare or the patient experience, reach out!
What we’re working on
Over the next 12 months we will be:
- Building a support tool inside our patient app that guides patients to the features or information they are looking for
- Building the tooling to collect analytics to help inform our product roadmap
- Revamping our care specialists support platform to have hyper focused problem solving tools that reduce handle time and onboarding time for new care specialists
- Build a framework for iterating on the way we present information to patients so that we can rapidly iterate and quickly find the fastest way to get our patients to the help they need
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Help grow the engineering culture of the Alto Assistant team towards quality, scalability, and the best outcomes for our patients
- Shape our patient app so most patient problems are self-serviceable while still providing world class support for the problems that are not
- Build a highly customized support experience in both our patient facing mobile app and our care specialist’s back office web application
- Collaborate with other teams on cross-functional projects
- Have the opportunity to lead small projects and grow to leading larger projects and develop your career as a leader within Alto
- Work with our design team to evolve our design system and create reusable components across native and web applications
A Bit About You:
- Have 2+ years of experience writing production code
- Experienced building front-ends with a modern JS framework like React, Vue, or Angular
- Experienced with backend development
- Experience writing automated tests using CI/CD pipelines
- Strong engineering fundamentals but derives satisfaction from mentorship and elevating team members
- Passionate about Alto’s mission and our company values
- Experienced as a product engineer working on end-user facing features, collaborating with product and design teams
- Track record of learning and growth
- Experienced with React Native
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails
- Experienced leading a project or a team
- Have architected complex systems for long-term maintainability, performance, and scalability
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Occasional sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs