Engineering Manager, Salesforce
Remote - USA
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase has an exciting Engineering Manager opportunity to join the Enterprise Applications and Architecture team. This experienced leader will manage an Agile engineering team of 8+ engineers and admins, predominantly focused on leading the tactical execution of our Product organization key feature requests, predominantly focused on the Coinbase Cloud product line. They are responsible for maintaining and growing our eng team, leading development of custom applications, up-leveling our engineering maturity, ensuring the platform architecture can scale to an enterprise model, and maintaining security best practices. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in Salesforce, Force.com and their ecosystem delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on APEX development, API development, demonstrating clear passion about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with multiple business units and engineering teams to buy, build, launch, and scale platforms.You will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager - Salesforce.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
Innovation and Impact
- Manages or leads an independent team with holistic ownership of a product or platform domain.
- Leads multiple projects in parallel of varying size, duration and complexity, and brings clarity to ambiguous requirements.
- Defines a strategy with a multi-quarter horizon. Through my work or managing my team, I produce well-architected, secure systems in service of that strategy.
- In addition to developing a deep expertise in widely-recognized functional domain expertise, builds expertise in adjacent systems and understands how to solve holistic business problems.
- Improves the enterprise architecture and processes of the engineering organization.
- Continuously challenges the status quo, identifies opportunities for improvement, and champions new approaches to sister teams.
- Creates an environment focused on innovation and creativity by encouraging team to challenge assumptions, take intelligent risks, and embrace an "experiment and learn" culture.
- Recognizes constraints and optimizes within them to achieve key outcomes.
- Communicates technical themes to leaders in other internal organizations (e.g., BUs, HR, legal, etc.). Drives complex technological internal discussions with other tech leaders.
Craft and Quality
- Understands, promotes, applies, and enforces agreed-upon quality practices in team or for projects
- Addresses almost all high-impact debt and quality problems while maintaining systems.
- Builds systems or features in a way that accelerates EAA's ability to deliver high quality work.
- Accountable for high quality product launches and smooth project landings
- Defines and achieves organizational goals and metrics for impact.
- Improves an organization's ability to deliver highly impactful work.
- Focuses not just on working solutions, but also on the simplicity and sustainability of their design.
- Actively mentors.
- Is an active leader in team hiring process for own team and other Eng teams throughout EAA.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years hands-on development experience on Salesforce and the ecosystem of technologies, with 2 years as Tech Lead
- At least 2 years of people management experience leading a team of 5 or more full time employees
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Unique background in programming in functional and/or object oriented programming languages like Java, Scala, Ruby and Golang.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub and overall Devops experience
- Salesforce Certifications: Certified Platform App Builder, Platform Developer I and II, and Application Architect
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Salesforce Certification: System Architect or Certified Technical Architect
- Experience with Copado or similar CI/CD tool
- Offshore resource management experience
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Other jobs like this
Process and Knowledge Management Partner (Sales Operations)Analytics Big Data Cross-functional Customer-facing Customer feedback Data-driven Integrations Kanban Machine Learning Open Source +1
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +8
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs