Senior Security & Compliance Engineer
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
About the role:
The Senior Security & Compliance Engineer will be a key member of the technical team responsible for worldwide compliance, oversight and enforcement at Ginger. This individual will work closely with the engineering, product, customer success and sales teams, as well as internal and external auditors to promote security and compliance best practices. They will be responsible for performing strategic analysis of available information, participating in field audits and enforcement, leveraging technical expertise and partnering with colleagues, as needed. The position will also act as a technical resource across the larger organization and external partners.
- Interact closely with other cyber security architects, privacy officer, engineering, and product management teams to ensure adequate security capabilities and controls are in place within the technology stack to mitigate security risks and meet the highest security and compliance requirements
- Work closely with prospects and the proposal manager to provide detailed responses to security assessment questionnaires
- Continuously research, design, advocate and recommend new security technologies, architectures, and products that will ensure meeting all the compliance requirements
- Function as the go-to individual with in-depth understanding of all security and compliance related nuances within the Ginger stack. Develop the ability to effectively navigate a highly complex environment to independently retrieve technical evidence for gaining assurance over effectiveness of controls
- Serve as the subject matter expert who will actively guide the broader risk and compliance team on all security-related technical components within the environment
- Conduct ad-hoc security architecture/application reviews to assess new risks, keep abreast of latest cyber security technical risks, and foster a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Pre-audit analysis, strategic product analysis, diligence for components/technologies under review. Support for product testing in the course of audit and provide the post-audit analysis and assessment
- BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, MIS or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in driving security programs, architecting security solutions and in-depth knowledge of security protocols/tools, and automation in the healthcare industry.
- Strong experience with one or more industry security compliance frameworks and/or regulations such as ISO 27001/2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, FedRAMP, HITRUST, SSAE16, SOC 1, SOC 2, International Privacy Requirements including EU Privacy and Safe Harbor.
- Familiarity with building and securing applications on cloud infrastructure such as AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects.
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- CISSP, CISM certifications.
- Certified Ethical Hacker and/or OSCP certification