Principal Data Platform Architect, Field CTO Office
Remote, Washington D.C., USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Principal Data Platform Architect to join our Field CTO Office who can provide leadership in working with both technical and business executives in the design and architecture of the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform as a critical component of their enterprise data architecture and overall ecosystem.
In this role you will work with sales teams, product management, and technology partners to leverage best practices and reference architectures highlighting Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform as a core technology enabling platform (Data Engineering), foundational (Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Advanced Analytics), and emerging (Data Science, Data Applications, Data Exchange) workloads throughout an organization.
As a Principal Data Platform Architect, you must share our passion and vision in helping our customers and partners drive faster time to insight through Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Apply your multi-cloud data architecture expertise while presenting Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at strategic prospects, customers, and partners
- Work with our product management, partners, and sales teams in order to drive innovation in our Cloud Data Platform
- Partner with sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate and accelerate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based enterprise architecture deliverables and working sessions to ensure customers are set up for success operationally, and support strategic enterprise pilots / proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate closely with our Product team to effectively influence the Cloud Data Platform product roadmaps based on field team and customer feedback
- Partner with Product Marketing teams to spread awareness and support pipeline building via customer roundtables, conferences, events, blogs, webinars, and whitepapers
- Contribute to the creation of reference architectures, blueprints, best practices, etc. based on field experience to continue to up-level and enable our internal stakeholders
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 15+ years of architecture experience within the Enterprise Data space
- Deep Technical Hands on Expertise within one or more of the following (preferably with several): Data Warehouse Modernization / Migrations, Data Science, Data Lakes, Data Engineering, Data Applications
- Deep technical hands on experience, and architectural expertise with Snowflake a plus
- 5+ years of Cloud Provider experience including certifications in AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Broad range of experience with on-prem or cloud Data Warehouse technology, ETL pipelines and analytics
- Industry Focus a plus (Education, Federal, Financial Services, Healthcare & Lifesciences, Insurance, Adv. Media, Retail CPG, Technology and Telecom)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?