Front End Software Engineer with UI/UX Experience
Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven company. Our mission is to empower doctors and patients to use genetic and genomic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. The Clinical Science and Interpretation (CSI) team plays a critical role in expanding our genomics platform and medical interpretation capabilities by designing and developing robust, quantitative, and scalable systems.
We have an opening in our CSI team for a Front-End Software Engineer to transform the way our clinical genetics experts curate published information, interact with complex genetic data and annotations, and deliver health information to millions of patients per year. As a core member of this team, the primary responsibility of the Front-End Engineer is to design and develop clean, efficient and intuitive interfaces that will support clinical interpretation of genetic testing results. The CSI team is highly cross-functional and multi-disciplinary. You will work along-side genomic scientists, biophysicists, cellular engineers, data scientists, AI engineers, computational biologists, genetic counselors, and medical geneticists to bring improved healthcare to patients.
Our team is committed to advancing the science and technology of genetic testing. This commitment requires us to integrate and foster the knowledge and growth of diverse domain expertise in biological, computational, and clinical sciences. You will champion a productive software development culture across the entire team. Your ability to communicate effectively with non-engineers regarding quantitative analyses, quality control, machine learning, computational simulations, clinical genomics, and other diverse types of biological data is paramount to the team’s success.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design and development of rich client experiences that enable scientists of various backgrounds to interact with complex genetic information.
- Partner with clinical geneticists, computational biologists and laboratory research scientists to solve complex problems and help end users.
- Develop a modern UI infrastructure that supports multiple domain-expert workflows and visualization of diverse datasets and knowledge bases.
- Work and communicate effectively in a lean, highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary team to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of genetic testing.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams at Invitae to achieve cross-functional goals.
What you bring:
- Real-time experience designing and implementing client user interfaces.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
- Passion for UI design and user experience.
- Industry experience with front-end frameworks, namely React with Redux.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: Typescript, Vue, Sass/Less, Material, Bootstrap, D3, REST APIs, GraphQL.
- Experience developing on Django or Rails with Postgres is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design techniques.
- Enjoys working in a non-hierarchical environment with minimal supervision.
- Desire to collaborate across multiple scientific disciplines.
- Experience with clinical genetics is a plus.
- A mission-oriented mindset and a desire to never stop learning.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.