Logistics Night Dispatcher
Remote - Canada
Help Goodfood avoid delays of its grocery boxes to its members by coordinating shipments and resolving issues before they impact our member’s delivery experience.
- Monitor the status of trucks as they travel from Goodfood facilities to our regional partners
- Ensure drivers have sufficient hours to reach their destination without delay
- Coordinate changes in pickups and drop-off schedules based on the pallets of Goodfood boxes are loaded onto each truck
- Respond to incidents where trucks may or have been delayed and coordinate solutions to ensure boxes are delivered on time and to the correct location
- Lead coordination of moving pallets to the correct location if they are dropped at the wrong destination
- Ensure receipt of boxes by third party logistics companies through a combination of observing scanning data and direct communications
- Utilize technology solutions such as GPS tracking to locate trucks and confirm ETAs
- Additional duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Quality of delivery experience (% of on-time deliveries)
- Delayed linehaul rate (linehauls delayed as a % of total linehauls
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- A natural communicator – You can explain information and processes to a variety of audiences written and verbally
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- Determination - You see issues as something you will soon solve and won’t rest until you do
- Practical problem solver - You take a pragmatic approach to resolving issues and thereby simplify chaotic situations
- Logistics roles with experience with freight (trucks) and/or last mile delivery
- Call centre or customer service considered a plus
- Excellent English (spoken and written) required, French and other languages considered a strong plus.
Title: Logistics Night Dispatcher
Compensation: $18.00 / Hour
Full-time/Part-Time: Full or Part-time
Working Hours: 11PM-7AM EST, Saturday to Wednesday.
Location of Work: Remote (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or Montreal preferred)
1) Preliminary assessment with recruiter
2) Telephone interview with Hiring Manager
3) Zoom interview with Hiring Manager
4) Cross check of background / references
5) Offer presentation