Head of Insurance Carrier Relations
Remote - Austin, Texas, United States
We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Exponential growth (5 straight quarters of 50-100%+ quarter over quarter growth)
- Meritocracy - we promote based on performance, not tenure
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience at Amazon, Microsoft, Geico, Alibaba, etc.
Jerry.ai is an AI powered personal concierge for your car and home. Our mission is to make all aspects of car & home ownership hassle-free and effortless. We are starting with car and home insurance. Enabled by disruptive technologies, jerry.ai has built a one-click experience for saving money on insurance. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 15 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store).
Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair company). We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors.
About the role:
This role will be managing the important business development function in growing insurance carrier relations at Jerry.ai. We need a rockstar Business Development executive to reach out to new potential insurance carriers, sign and develop them; and grow Jerry’s book of business with them.
If you are a fit, the following characteristics may accurately identify you:
- You have a proven track record of developing insurance carrier relations.
- You’re great at solving problems – and enjoy helping other people succeed.
- You like networking and are good at convincing people to work with you.
- You like roles where your results are measurable and you get a chance to visibly beat the competition.
- You enjoy defining tasks, setting goals and objectives, and training and leading a team to accomplish them.
- Define Business Development objectives and identify opportunities for launching new insurance carrier partners
- Negotiate and close new insurance carriers
- Monitor competitive partnership activity and stay ahead of the competition
- BA or BS degree. MBA a plus.
- 6+ years of work experience in insurance carrier relations
- Superior follow-through and follow-up skills
- A very clear thinker who is comfortable with numbers
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to create and prioritize work for others
- An excellent written communicator
- A track record of developing successful win-win partnerships
- 2+ years managing a team (preferred)
- Buffalo, NY (office)
- SF bay area (office)
- Toronto, Canada (office)
- Remote work from any State is an option