Professional Services - Onboarding Specialist
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In May 2020, we raised a $15M series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.
About the role
We’re seeking a customer-focused, highly detailed oriented individual to join our Customer Success team as an Onboarding Specialist. You will become a product expert in Bevy and a savant of community building as you manage new customer implementations. This role will involve ensuring our customers have the vision, stakeholder involvement, and alignment within their organization to make Bevy a success. You’ll partner with new customers to help them navigate change management and drive adoption of Bevy as a new way of building their community.
As an Onboarding Specialist, you have proven project management skills, having dealt with implementations of SaaS products for the Enterprise, in addition to technical acumen to navigate hurdles to integrating Bevy within their current tech stack and workflows. You’ll partner with our sales, product, and engineering teams to execute a specific onboarding and enablement plan. Your main goal is to ensure the customer activates Bevy and is destined for long term value.
What you’ll achieve:
- Onboard and launch new customers in their onboarding process ensuring they’re ready for their next stage with a Customer Success Manager
- Increase success rates for our strategic customers as they adopt and use Bevy
- Work closely with the Account Executive to understand customer’s current and future goals and establish key Bevy success metrics
- Create and communicate a detailed onboarding and enablement plan with clear success milestones to drive toward attainment of first value for the customer
- Deeply understand customers current workflows to provide guidance and coaching on how best to use Bevy for their processes and needs
- Facilitate interactive, engaging webinars and on site sessions with customers and end users to help them derive value from Bevy and how best to use the tool
- Deliver new process efficiencies and rigor to our Enterprise onboarding
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in either managing projects for product/engineering teams or consulting technical account management experience related to business applications and system integrations.
- Innovative technologies fascinate you; you don’t need to code but are familiar with web technologies.
- You are a strong relationship builder and negotiator. You’re comfortable working with a customer to help drive implementation requirements and negotiating on services when asked to build out a scope of work.
- You demonstrate a drive and ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- You are experienced in driving the basics of a good project management plan—from risk management to communication strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to empathize with customers with varying levels of technical ability
- Proficiency with HelpScout/Zendesk, Jira, APIs, Salesforce
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
About the culture
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.