Director of Special Projects
Remote - US
The Director of Special Projects (DSP) drives successful outcomes across broad, multi-functional projects to achieve Tanium’s goals and vision.
As a DSP, you will research, shape, and inform decision-making across the business. You will work in a variety of domains spanning multiple business units to deliver results. DSP projects are sponsored by Tanium’s executive team.
This position reports to the Office of the CEO. Team priorities are set by the Chief of Staff.
After gaining experience on a number of initiatives, DSPs may elect to specialize in a particular functional role. Prior DSPs have transitioned to leadership roles in product management, business operations, and data science within Tanium.
What you’ll do:
- Listen to and observe internal and external stakeholders to identify large impact initiatives
- Manage complex and cross-functional team efforts, and be responsible for the result
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate updates across all levels of leadership
- Identify product technical capabilities and map them to go-to-market opportunities
- Build relationships based on trust and influence with multiple teams without disrupting the day-to-day intensity of a fast-growing company
- Sample projects that prior DSPs have led:
- Drive strategic partnership and investment discussions
- Evaluate the go-to-market attractiveness of different geographic and vertical segments
- Frame strategic options in working with ecosystem partners
- Reshape go-to-market approach end-to-end (branding, pricing, and packaging)
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS degree from a leading undergraduate institution or equivalent work experience
- MS, PhD, JD or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of professional work experience in management consulting, investment banking, or technology product management
- History of excellence in program management and delivering cross-functional projects
- Highly preferred
- Thrives in fast-paced, loosely-defined environment
- Is deeply curious and determined to find solutions to systems challenges
- Has Accumulated technical expertise and domain knowledge (e.g. MS in Computer Science, or experience in IT or cybersecurity)
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.