As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Content Manager is responsible for project managing content campaigns, which can include video, written, interactive content, and editorial sponsorships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and execute templated work plans, schedules, and timelines. Secure approvals from all stakeholders
- Act as main point of contact to sales, production, editorial, client, ad ops teams throughout creation process
- As needed, act as the client-facing voice for creative, execution & work plan
- Support production and creative team in execution of campaign assets
- Manage deliverables, day to day operations of projects, and remove blockers
- Utilize project management systems to optimize production workflow
- Escalate stumbling blocks and production challenges to Director of Content Management; work to troubleshoot and find solutions proactively
- Ensure smooth and timely launch of content, coordinating amongst stakeholders
- Take notes in all key meetings and maintain documentation at every step in the process
- Instill a continued culture of collaboration and communication in Vox Creative & the revenue organization
- 1-3 years experience in managing creative campaigns in a client-facing role
- Understanding of campaign production process required
- Understanding of project management systems & process workflows
- Understanding of scopes of work, timelines, & schedules
- Interest in developing production skills
- Interest in developing & exercising client-facing skills
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, and a sense of humor
- A solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate across various internal teams via Slack, email, Zoom
- Ability to multitask and handle many projects at once
- Responsive, adaptive, flexible, and very proactive approach
- Passionate about Vox Media’s editorial networks
About working at Vox Media:
This is a temporary, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.