Regional Vice President - Technical Sales Engineering, Americas
At Tanium, our Americas TSE Leader will lead a team of Technical Solutions Engineers. In emerging markets a TSE Leader may manage and lead a team of individual contributors, acting as a player and a coach within their team as they are often one of the more experienced leaders in the area. In more mature markets a TSE Leader will manage and lead several regions, each led by a TSE Regional leader. TSE Leaders also act as a global leader, focusing not only on the business strategy of their area, but are also a main contributor to the overall global technical strategy of the Technical Solutions Engineering Organization. The role reports to the Vice President of Technical Solutions Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Partnering with Sales to build a plan that delivers revenue goals and partnering with Sales and Customer Success to lead the team through the customer journey from technical discovery to technical win to successful adoption, value realization and expansion.
- Overseeing all strategic technical pre-sales opportunities within their area
- Helping lead go-to-market efforts being driven by our sales organization
- Demonstrating a strong leadership role in all strategic sales activities within the area by partnering closing with the sales organization
- Working with Sales to participate in and conduct regular business reviews with executive stakeholders for each account
- Working closely with Marketing in understanding area needs, ensuring they are appropriately staffing and directly participating when appropriate
- Strategically owning the pre-sales growth and best practices in the area by working closely with area sales leadership to ensure sales opportunities are partnered on and managed appropriately within the area
- Partnering with area leadership to ensure teams are working together effectively and remain focused on the overall Tanium mission
- Facilitating area events
- Ensuring performance management is being done within the area to learn and understand the knowledge, skills, abilities, strengths, and opportunities for each member of the team, ensuring constructive and real-time feedback is delivered and performance is managed proactively and consistently
- Overseeing the hiring, training, and onboarding of new team member while holding them accountable for understanding, preserving, and furthering the Tanium culture
- Achieving company goals by making data driven decisions within the teams span of control to improve area performance
- Delegating and reorganizing workload based on team utilization, surges in demand, and changes within the area
- Driving innovation within Tanium by ensuring creative ideas derived from within your area get the executive visibility they deserve
- Regularly meeting with the customer champions of all strategic accounts within the area to ensure we are driving the business results they expected when they purchased Tanium
- Owning projects that investigate, build, and standardize on solutions to global problems that the organization may face
- Serving as an escalation point within the area
- Setting the direction for the team by anticipating strategic and scale-related challenges through thoughtful short-term and long-term planning for the entire area
- Standardizing processes across regions and collaborating with peers to be more efficient while not inhibiting the individual culture of each region as they work to expand and improve as a whole
We are looking for someone with:
Education, Experience, & Training:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
- Ten-plus years in the industry with broad expertise in multiple areas such as networking, security, operations, and/or programming
- Leadership; constructively lead in recognizing when conditions have changed and the organization needs to adapt. Actively seek out global leadership opportunities without prompting from leadership. Senior TSE Leaders have a reputation within, and outside of, the organization for being highly collaborative
- Management; TSE Leaders have a passion for managing and leading teams. They are emphatic to the needs of others, coaching and mentoring their team, while also ensuring their team is performing optimally and achieving their expected business goals
- Strategic Thinking; TSE Leaders understand the broader corporate initiatives and how they apply to their area. TSE Leaders have mastered the ability to translate strategic goals to tactical action in order to achieve the desired results. They hold their area accountable for achieving these goals and use data to drive that accountability. Experience managing enterprise customers and leading strategic pre-sales opportunities
- Good Judgement; takes self-governed, consistent, action to prioritize and weigh cost and value in order to determine the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium and our mission
- Communication; have mastered executive communication and demonstrate emotional intelligence, and patience, in all forms of communication. Anticipate blockers and delays for their work and the work of others, and communicate appropriately before requiring escalation. TSE Leaders also analyze whether tasks are the highest and best use of time and practices the redirecting of erroneous requests to re-focus on tasks that will accomplish the key business objectives
- Influencing; has strong influence skills, working effectively with leadership, to present logical and compelling arguments to enhance innovation and efficiencies
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.