Regional Sales Manager, Higher Education
Austin, TX (Remote)
This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the US.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
This role is responsible for creating and leading the strategic direction and output of Account Executives for our Higher Education solutions for colleges and universities in North America. As Regional Sales Manager, your team will be responsible for creating partnerships, developing the higher education ecosystem and building momentum in this market. Your solid technology sales management background coupled with your expertise in the higher education market will allow you to define, develop and execute a strategy for this developing vertical at Pantheon.
Cool Stuff You’ll Do
- Create, implement and maintain the strategic plan to achieve HigherEd Sales targets
- Coordinate sales forecasting and planning within the HigherEd vertical
- Lead a team of 3-5 Higher Ed Account Executives
- Responsible for multi-million dollar annual team target
- Create the regional strategy and execution plan per rep for growing business in the region
- Oversee hiring, training, mentoring, and development of direct reports
- Provide customer feedback to internal teams (product, engineering, marketing) to develop and deliver innovative solutions for our customers
- Be accountable for quota aligned with a growing new book of business and track against quota by forecasting at a regular cadence
What you Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of over-quota achievement selling enterprise software / SaaS solutions to the higher education market
- 3+ years of sales management experience of similar sized teams
- Proven track record selling to the higher education vertical and closing sales in large complex organizations
- Collaborative and influential with excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, directed and driven by opportunity and customer expectations
- Success in leading business transformation initiatives
- Existing knowledge and established relationships in SaaS sales
- Experience leading a metrics-driven sales organization
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with Drupal and Wordpress
- Previous experience working at a SaaS, tech startup, or a similar company
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vacation days and time off
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle
- Dog-friendly office
- Training stipend to attend industry conferences
- Fully stocked kitchen with lunches provided
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.