Project Manager - Tennis Federations
Remote - United States
Universal Tennis Overview:
Universal Tennis is a software (SaaS) technology company committed to bringing innovative tools and technology to make tennis better for all players and businesses. The Company's tools and technology, including the UTR Powered by Oracle global tennis rating system and fully integrated tournament/event management system, are used by players, clubs, coaches, organizers, academies and tournaments worldwide. To learn more, visit www.MyUTR.com and watch the What is UTR Powered by Oracle video.
The Company is backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Larry Ellison (Co-Founder, Chariman and CTO of Oracle); Tennis Channel; TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (16-time Grand Slam Champion); Tennis Australia (owners of the Australian Open and one of the governing bodies in global tennis); Ken Hao (Managing Partner, Silver Lake Partners); Jan Leschly (former CEO of Smithkline Beecham and Chairman of Tennis Hall of Fame); Mark Leschly (CEO of UTR, Founder & Managing Partner of Iconica Partner, Managing Partner of Rho Capital Partners); and many others.
Federations Program/Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Identify new strategic partnership opportunities within international tennis Federations and associations, leveraging relationships and existing Company partnerships
- Structure, negotiate, and finalize contracts and agreements with potential Federations and industry relations partners (e.g. club/club groups, national associations, etc.)
- Serve as partnership project/program manager for key existing federation partners, e.g. Tennis Australia, Tennis South Africa, Norwegian Tennis Federation, etc.
- Work with Chief Tennis Officer and CEO to prioritize key activities within Federations – which Federations to target, key goals/partnership constructs, follow up and execution guidelines, etc.
- Work with COO and Chief Tennis Officer to create short- and long-term plans for key Company initiatives with Federations – develop targets and milestones, and set schedule for targeted deliverables
- Own the project management / task assignment process and be responsible for coordinating all Federation and internal meetings, follow ups and action items
- Manage the day-to-day internal coordination of Company activities with key Federations, in particular Tennis Australia, e.g. serve as point of contact, communicate with internal team members, actively update project timelines/goals/deliverables
- Proactively communicate with COO and Marketing teams to keep the Federations initiatives aligned with overall goals and marketing related content and campaign integrations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years cross-functional management experience in operations project and program management or partnership/business development field with a proven track record as a team leader
- Tennis industry experience with a strong interest in tennis and international business required.
- BA required, Masters or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability with proven track record in leading cross functional teams in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Broad understanding how to manage a project management roadmap, timeline, and driving deliverables through execution and collaboration
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus internally and externally
- Ability to work hands-on and in small teams and with cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. ability to work with engineering/development, marketing, strategic partners, tennis industry evangelists, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to own and complete tasks from ideation to execution to measurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and vacation days, telecommuting, medical and dental, and a bunch of that other fun stuff that you’d expect from a tech start-up.