United States - Remote
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Sonatype is committed to an inclusion for all workplace, we encourage all to apply. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Why this role is so importantSonatype is a fast-growing VC-backed software start-up, innovating on how businesses build their trusted software supply chains. As a subscription-based business, our success hinges largely on our ability to renew and expand existing customer accounts. Fortunately our customers trust Sonatype and value our software solutions, as demonstrated by our 90%+ renewal rate -- one of the highest renewal rates in the software subscription business. As we grow, we must ensure we maintain and even increase this rate.
About the PositionWe are looking for passionate, reliable, and highly competent Renewal Specialists. This position might be particularly compelling for you if you’re early in your career, are a contracts/accounting specialist looking for a change, or are looking for a path to a customer-facing career.
You will be accountable for proactively working through to on-time completion, a specified set of renewing software subscriptions worldwide. To do this well, you will need to work with Account Executives, Customer Success Engineers, Accounting Managers, and our systems, including Salesforce.com, which will help you monitor contract renewal terms and engage with customers to determine the best approach to retaining and even expanding the Sonatype footprint.
And since there can be hiccups along the way, you will need to tap into your seasoned judgment in non-routine renewal situations with the goal of ensuring customer success, while maintaining subscription integrity and profitability.
What You will do
- Efficiently close a set of renewals and related expansions, working closely with Account Executives, Customer Success Engineers, and Accounting Managers
- Review customer renewal information, usage data, and subscription history to ensure mutual agreement on the appropriate renewal options for the customer
- Proactively identify forthcoming renewals, connecting with the customer well-before the expiration date to ensure on-time execution of renewals
- Educate customers on relevant subscription options based on their current and future product and service goals, uncovering new opportunities and processing accordingly
- Ensure a complete understanding of Sonatype’s renewal process and the customers’ process in order to avoid renewal surprises and/or delays
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of Sonatype’s solutions, value proposition, packaging and pricing options
- Provide feedback to the appropriate teams on customer concerns, product issues, process improvements, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of renewal quotes and ordering documents and ensuring their mutual execution and processing per Sonatype’s policies and procedures
- Recognize and help unsatisfied customers by working with the appropriate Sonatype teams to help improve their situation
- Help ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied
Important Skills and Experiences
- High-volumes of activity, managing multiple priorities and competing demands, while maintaining focus on the primary goal
- Discussing contract compliance, expansions, and product pricing with customers
- Working with customers world-wide, which may entail occasional conversations at odd-hours
- Ensuring customers execute and process the appropriate ordering paperwork accurately and on-time
- Maintaining accurate renewal information in Salesforce.com
- Replying to customer and internal inquiries in a timely and professional manner via email, phone, video chat, text, etc.
- Developing positive co-worker and customer relationships under stressful and demanding conditions
- Working additional hours during times of critical volume
- Learning about the modern software development lifecycle and associated technologies and processes
- Participating in special projects as needed
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Paid Parental Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- 2019 EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.