Senior Escalation & Incident Manager
Remote, FL, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve their business goals by providing outstanding service and support to our most critical customers in their most important time of need. The Account Escalation Manager is responsible for coordinating efforts to resolve critical customer issues, major interruptions and client-impacting events. Coordinating and engaging with other teams such as Sales, Professional Services, Support and Engineering is critical to effectively solving these important situations. The ability to understand proactive and reactive data points and develop a plan of action for a customer is a critical factor for success. A thorough understanding of business impacts related to technical issues is also a must.
- Possesses a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working with a high performing, fast paced team.
- Works with a high degree of integrity, accountability, attention to detail, planning expertise and execution.
- Excellent contextual interpretation and writing skills, including the ability to effectively summarize pages of information into concise and readable paragraphs.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, including C-level individuals.
- Results oriented, leveraging data, metrics and open feedback to make operational, tactical and strategic decisions.
- Possess a high degree of tact, patience and skill under pressure.
- Technically competent in Cloud environments, Data Warehouse architectures and Software development methods.
- Ability to understand and translate technical information and issues into business cases, impacts, and risks that can be easily interpreted by the customer.
- Demonstrates strong judgment regarding escalation management and problem mitigation, as well as the ability to make timely decisions from both business and technical perspectives.
- Excellent abilities in office applications for documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Understands both proactive and reactive escalation management practices and how to analyze and apply data to a decision making process.
- Work with a global mindset as part of a team of Escalation Managers and Escalation Engineers.
- Understand and interpret proactive Escalation Risk (ER) models, indicators and specific data points that indicate potential escalations.
- Global alignment and consistent application of escalation processes and technologies to address critical situations for customers.
- Present the Global Account Escalation program and principles to internal teams.
- Effectively communicate critical issue status (both verbally and written) to executive staff, sales teams, and other involved parties.
- Utilize business and technical skills to effectively manage customer escalations, coordinate meetings, calls and deliverables, and interpret trend/regression patterns.
- Meet deliverable timelines based on pre-scheduled activities and events, such as customer, team, and executive updates.
- Create and execute a data-driven customer get-well plan.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management on the resolution of specific issues that may arise as blockers for customer progress.
- Develop strong partnerships internally with Sales, Services, Support and Engineering
- View problems and solutions holistically, from multiple viewpoints, and create a plan of action to best satisfy the needs of all stakeholders.
- Effectively advocate for required solutions to provide the best customer experience.
- Maintain disciplined and regular communications within accounts while building credibility through timely action and responsiveness during the account escalation.
- Completion of scheduled updates to internal and external stakeholders, including C-level individuals, based on the priority of the escalation.
- Degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent years working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (5+ years).
- 5+ years of Support and/or Support Services related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private cloud environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships in Technical Support, Technical Support or Business Operations, or other Support Delivery based organizations.
- Technical competence in Service/Platform/Infrastructure(SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) architectures, application, use and management.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive listening skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing relationships with leadership, colleagues, and clients.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals and concepts.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent team player, able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?