Regional Manager, Solutions Engineering
Netherlands - Amsterdam (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
The Regional Manager of Solutions Engineering will report directly to the Regional Director of Solutions Engineering and will build, manage, develop, and lead an organization of Solutions Engineers partnered with our global Sales organization.
In this role you can expect to...
- The key objective of this role is to provide both Technical and Sales Leadership to a regional team of 6+ technical individual contributors, as well as act as a pre-sales escalation for the team and engage directly in certain key commercial opportunities within the region.
- As with any leadership position, it is required to nurture and support team members into advancing their skill sets and career within HashiCorp in order to retain talent, as well as assist in hiring within the team and other regional teams.
- This role will also be responsible for influencing strategic decisions on sales, go to market, product management, product marketing, overall long-term corporate vision, and leadership mentoring.
- Lead as a domain expert in Development Operations to the sales team and technical lead on strategic client relationships in large Financial Services, Healthcare, Web, Retail and other industry verticals
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Accomplished Pre-Sales engineering executive with 4-6+ years of enterprise software and staff management experience.
- Technical leadership in at least one of HashiCorp influence areas (provision, secure, connect or run).
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Successful track record of defining and executing strategic and innovative projects which have had major impact on company performance
- Leadership abilities along with proven success in building, growing and managing a highly talented and motivated regional organization of 6+ individual contributors
- Experienced and strong supporter of development operations methodologies
- Prioritize and allocate resources against an array of simultaneously-running projects, with appropriate analysis, along with bringing major new features or price points all the way from conception to market and into ongoing maintenance
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies such as cloud computing, distributed systems, and cluster management software
- Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a predisposition towards mentoring staff and encouraging their professional career development
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex and difficult decisions at all times
- Advanced technical/engineering degree; MBA is helpful but not required
- Strong strategic thinking ability and demonstrated business acumen
- Residency on the relevant territory.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.