Talent Development Manager
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and strategic Talent Development Manager to establish the Talent Management function at Urbint. As our founding Talent Development leader, you will be responsible for a number of key People functions including L&D, Onboarding, and Performance Management. You’ll work with employees from all levels of the company to create best in class programs that help employees and managers increase their productivity, grow in their careers, and ultimately support them to reach their full potential. Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping people learn and grow and developing and delivering highly effective learning and development programs to support retention and growth of employees. This role reports directly into our Director of People and works with our entire employee population, from our CEO to individual contributors.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the program owner for Performance Management, using tools like Lattice and Culture Amp
- Create, implement and maintain professional development trainings and programs that support the entire employee lifecycle - onboarding, career development, manager development and leadership development programs
- Oversee and upgrade Urbint U, our onboarding program for new employees, to drive knowledge and connection to the organization’s culture, values, policies and procedures, and industry
- Work with business leaders to identifying performance, skills and/or behavior gaps, and determine effective training solutions to address these needs
- Project manage all L&D and Onboarding initiatives, including coordination of logistics, managing materials, and provide a critical eye to ensure content is ready for distribution
- Administer and manage the training course catalog, which includes activities such as: maintaining a database of vendors and participant training records; establishing training schedules; monitoring course completion and documentation for all trainings; responding to inquiries; and supporting training participants and subject matter expert facilitators
- Continually think of new ways to improve all things talent, including but not limited to: the employee experience, key talent management practices, career development, leadership development, continuous learning, and performance management
- Implement learning programs using multiple forms (classroom, e-learning, employee created learning, training programs, cross-functional job shadowing, etc) that enable our employees and team to be more effective in their roles
- Drives reporting and measurements of the effectiveness of L&D initiatives, including sharing insights with relevant stakeholders
- Partner with the People Team and business leaders on other projects as needed
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in L&D Management, Training, Organizational Development or similar field including experience facilitating in-person and remote training programs. Experience as an HRBP a plus
- Proven knowledge and experience with training delivery; implementation of adult learning theory; traditional and modern job training methods and techniques; and training evaluation and analysis
- Experience developing engaging and effective Onboarding programs
- Excellent presentation skills, including training design and delivery utilizing a variety of mediums
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and be innovative and creative with program design and delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high emotional intelligence and executive presence
- High level of business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development, Organizational Development, Behavioral Science, Business or a related field
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and 100% premiums paid
- Monthly Wellness reimbursement
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Remote work monthly stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.