Remote - US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Accounting team at Clover is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health, its departments and business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system and supports Company goals and initiatives by being service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while assuring that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Accounting team as a Payroll Analyst. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
As a Payroll Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for processing multi-state, bi-weekly payroll in ADP Workforce Now for 300+ exempt and non-exempt U.S. employees and 1099 vendors, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations.
- Manage and ensure the accuracy of payroll process changes, including but not limited to: base pay, retro, bonuses, commissions, payroll taxes, 401K, medical, garnishments and other deductions.
- Review hourly employee time cards; ensure accuracy and compliance along with approval from employee and supervisor, including regular hours worked, overtime worked, PTO, FFCRA are entered and calculated correctly.
- Provide excellent payroll support to all employees and cross-functional teams by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Facilitate and perform regular payroll audits and assist preparing supporting schedules for external auditors.
- Perform and review assigned monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation and review of period-end accruals and monthly journal entries for payroll and benefits, preparation/review of reconciliations of assigned payroll accounts and assist with preparation of month-end flux analysis for all payroll accounts.
- Review all quarterly payroll data and ensure it meets the Federal and State deposit and reporting requirements.
- Be responsible for special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades and/or implementations.
You will love this job if:
- You are highly organized with excellent time management, oral and written communication skills.
- You have a strong work ethic and understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- You have a desire for longevity and being part of a growing company and department.
- You enjoy working both individually and in a team environment and are able to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of recent and consecutive experience with high volume payroll processing, including multi-state operations.
- You have a BS degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or equivalent experience.
- You are CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certified, preferred but not required.
- You have knowledge of ADP Workforce Now.
- You have advanced computer skills: Microsoft Excel and Word.
- You have familiarity with Sage Intaact, preferred but not required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.