Product Compliance Analyst
Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
Brex is hiring a Product Compliance Analyst, who will advise and support business functions with compliance obligations and the achievement of compliance with applicable requirements. The Product Compliance Team challenges the status quo, business processes, and evaluates adherence to applicable regulatory and operational risk requirements. You'll raise issues and provide appropriate analysis and reporting to executive leadership. Within the context of Brex’s overall compliance program, you will design and manage product-specific compliance risk reviews for new and evolving Brex products.
- Provide cross-functional guidance to Product teams to assure new products follow relevant regulatory, partner, and compliance program requirements
- Promote Compliance’s mission and manage relationships across the company to ensure that Compliance is well-positioned from concept to launch
- Work with Product Counsel to inventory all relevant compliance requirements for each product (e.g. BSA/AML/OFAC, Fair Lending, Privacy, UDAP, card network rules, CCPA, etc.)
- Work with relevant partners to develop a new risk review process for all future products
- Develop strategic and tactical roadmap on how to implement compliance requirements
- Influence change by analyzing data and communicating product insights and recommendations to various levels within the organization
- Remain up-to-date on applicable regulatory changes and landscape that may affect the product
- Work closely and remain in constant communication with appropriate teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Operations, and Marketing)
- Assist in the process of scoping and selecting vendors to outsource services
- Monitor/assess product post-launch and assist in any remediation efforts
What We Value
- 3+ years of compliance or risk management experience
- Experience in a compliance role providing guidance on digital business payments, prepaid/charge card products or other business-to-business financial products
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management, and risk management skills to build scalable solutions
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to handle complex matters independently and thrive in dynamic, high-growth environments
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and work with team members of all levels
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about helping Brex build financial products that align with its core values