Remote - Project Manager
Remote - New South Wales, Australia
Who are we?
Join the team engineering the way food is ordered in the future
Now is your chance to join the most innovative subsidiary of the largest food delivery company in the world. Experience a unique opportunity to apply creative thinking and your skills to help shape the way in which food is ordered in the future.
Behind us we have 7 years’ experience developing a systems integration platform that benefited food delivery companies so much so that Just Eat Takeaway.com acquired us outright. Today, we are deploying this technology into thousands of restaurant locations across 20 countries. Ahead of us is a vision where every restaurant in the world will use our technology; a future that our teams will help build.
You will play an integral role in our small but fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is even greater growth potential. You will be part of a cross functional squad owning the vision and roadmap to enable the deployment of our technology to become even quicker and with less friction, so that it is achieved at the touch of a button.
We value five key areas, which we embrace and use to define ourselves: Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm, and Results Achievement. These values give us the guiding principles to make our own choices, share openly with one another, achieve what we intend to, support our teammates, and maintain passion for the work we do.
A Project Manager at Flyt is responsible for the planning, management, and oversight of key internal initiatives and the deployment of Flyt’s services through the complete project lifecycle for leading brands in the hospitality industry. You will be the primary owner of the projects you manage and often the first point of contact for customers, suppliers, and stakeholders. Communication is key. The Project Manager is supported by a geographically dispersed, cross functional squad of experienced software engineers and operational executives who will rely on the proactive and effective communication from the Project Manager to ensure that all work is done on time and to an accepted quality standard.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Provide a clear communication and coordination channel between engineering teams and the wider division.
- Work with clients on defining requirements and creating solutions which can be translated into the development team for software delivery.
- Ensure project delivery is on track by effectively managing project scope, schedules, risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Supporting all project activities: facilitating meeting, capturing and following up actions, and communicating outcomes.
- Understanding customer journeys and coming up with basic user experience flows and describing them to clients.
- Capturing requirements, scope definition and development requirements.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders by concisely communicating project updates and escalations.
- Using your growing expertise of our products to troubleshoot issues and errors, reproduce the problem, find the root cause and either solve yourself, escalate accordingly.
- As part of your role, all Flyt Engineers and Operations staff, including Project Managers, will be required to be on-call at least once per quarter. Those on-call are required to be 'available' to receive alerts as and when a pre-defined threshold has been breached. All those who are required to be on-call will be remunerated as per the FOC Policy.
You must have
- Experience in project or development environments; Agile, PMP, PMBOK or PRINCE2
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to build positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working within cross functional teams
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, geographically dispersed environment with minimal supervision,
- The capability to handle ambiguity and changes in priorities on multiple projects
- Problem Solving/Resilience – you will be able to create challenges to any hurdle standing in the way of hitting the project deadline
- Results & Detail orientation – have a high attention to detail and a strong commitment to delivering results
Also nice to have:
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Experience working in SaaS companies and the ability to understand complex technical product solutions
- Hospitality/Payments experience.
- Experience working with APIs, Postman/PAW, YAML or JSON technologies
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (all our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexibility with how you want to work (we’ve been a remote-first company for about a year now)
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A bonus pool
- 25 days holiday per annum (may differ depending on location)
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- A leadership development programme (LDP) and engineering development programme (EDP) to support you in levelling up
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (slightly on hold until it’s safe to do so again- booo!)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
The hiring experience
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60 minute technical assessment with relevant person in that role i.e. Developer, Project Managers, etc and finally a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other). A final decision will be made post the culture interview.
We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day.