Remote - Developer (Golang)
Remote - New South Wales, Australia
Join the team engineering the way food is ordered in the future
Now is your chance to join the most innovative subsidiary of the largest food delivery company in the world. Experience a unique opportunity to apply creative thinking and your skills to help shape the way in which food is ordered in the future.
Behind us we have 7 years’ experience developing a systems integration platform that benefited food delivery companies so much so that Just Eat Takeaway.com acquired us outright. Today, we are deploying this technology into thousands of restaurant locations across 20 countries. Ahead of us is a vision where every restaurant in the world will use our technology; a future that our teams will help build.
You will play an integral role in our small but fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is even greater growth potential. You will be part of a cross functional squad owning the vision and roadmap to enable the deployment of our technology to become even quicker and with less friction, so that it is achieved at the touch of a button.
We value five key areas, which we embrace and use to define ourselves: Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm, and Results Achievement. These values give us the guiding principles to make our own choices, share openly with one another, achieve what we intend to, support our teammates, and maintain passion for the work we do.
We are on the lookout for a remote developer to join the team at Flyt.
Experience in Golang is essential and you must love being autonomous in a small team.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- To build new features in our core language Go
- To work within our Microservices architecture and deliver highly level readable and maintainable code
- To work with the world's largest delivery companies and to innovate in this exciting space
- To make key architectural decisions and to help move our platform forwards
- As part of your role, all Flyt Engineers and Operations staff, including Project Managers, will be required to be on-call at least once per quarter. Those on-call are required to be 'available' to receive alerts as and when a pre-defined threshold has been breached. All those who are required to be on-call will be remunerated as per the FOC Policy.
You must have
- Experience in Golang
- Proven development experience in project environments
- Experience working with teams across different time zones
- Experience communicating in client facing roles as well as behind the scenes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A passion and desire to contribute to high impact projects in a fast pace organisation
Nice to have
- Experience in Typescript
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (all our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
- Competitive Salary
- Flexibility with how you want to work (we’ve been a remote-first company for about a year now)
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A bonus pool
- 25 days holiday per annum (may differ depending on location)
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- A leadership development programme (LDP) and engineering development programme (EDP) to support you in levelling up
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (slightly on hold until it’s safe to do so again- booo!)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
The hiring experience
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60 minute technical assessment with relevant person in that role i.e. Developer, Project Managers, etc and finally a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other). A final decision will be made post the culture interview.
We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day.