Developer Advocate (m/f/x)
Remote - Berlin, Berlin, Germany
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Camunda Developer Relations team exists to serve the Camunda developer community, from internal employees to Open Source contributors, Enterprise customers, and the broader tech community.
It is our goal to provide opportunities for developers to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
Now we are looking for several Developer Advocates to join our team and help us to increase awareness of our suite of Camunda products, particularly among German-speaking communities in Europe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving awareness about Camunda’s developer products within online and in-person communities that you are already connected with.
- Actively soliciting feedback from the Camunda community and working with other members of the Developer Relations team to prioritize and communicate feedback to other departments.
- Producing solid content (videos, blogposts, tutorials, etc.) that meets the needs of our communities.
- Attending local and industry events as well as company conferences and bi-annual team offsites (up to 30% travel).
What you’ll bring along:
- Experience with open source communities as well as past employment as full-time dev for 2+ years (or equivalent)
- Have a passion and proven record for enabling developers
- Understand the business value of your work and are able to communicate it to stakeholders
- Clear communication skills -- written as well as verbal
- Ability to work asynchronously with teams and cross-functional groups across timezones to accomplish a singular goal
- Executes work in an autonomous way with little assistance
It would be great if you have:
- Working knowledge of Java
- Background in BPM technologies or process/workflow automation companies
To find out more about our expectations for Developer Advocates, read our Director of Developer Relation’s blogpost about the DevRel Career Path: https://www.marythengvall.com/blog/2020/6/29/the-camunda-developer-relations-career-path
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval.
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work from home
- Competitive Salary & Full Benefits, including incl. 30 days of paid vacation
- Free Sports Club passes
- Free German and English classes
Camunda is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/