Program Manager - Efficiency and Automation
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Program Manager, Efficiency and Automation for the Consumer Trust: Fraud Ops team who is passionate about program management, reducing fraud, and scaling operations. Fraud Ops builds trust by detecting and mitigating fraud and abuse, supporting customers, and delivering insights to partner teams to help close product loopholes. This role will own our strategies and execution of roadmaps for automation, self-service, and efficiency, ensuring that the operations team can scale alongside Twilio’s growth. We require a fast-thinking team player who is able to wrangle complexity across multiple teams and systems, has strong project and program management skills, and is passionate about preventing fraud at scale.
Twilio is looking for a Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading multiple cross-team projects or operations. They also have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years work experience in the high tech or e-commerce space (ideally on a fraud, risk, compliance, or security focused team)
- 3+ years project and/or management experience and experience executing against product-led roadmaps
- Experience leading multiple projects or programs and working cross-functionally to deliver results; able to design programs of work and coordinate across multiple project managers
- Experience developing key metrics, reporting and stakeholder updates related to projects/programs
- Experience developing operational processes that led to efficiency gains
- Hands-on experience fighting fraud at-scale including:
- Experience developing automated rules, models, and systems for detecting and actioning on fraud at scale
- Experience managing and implementing complex rules across multiple systems and evaluating the impact of those rules
- Experience fighting account takeovers, phishing, malware distribution, or other types of fraud is preferred but not required
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate fraud-related concepts to multiple teams to build awareness of risk and priority
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence and dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams
As a Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for the team’s efforts to automate its decisions and scale its operations and hold accountable for related goals.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document program/project plans for cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams both inside and outside of Consumer Trust to drive timely results.
- DRAW THE OWL: Define strategies and assist with setting the vision for automation and efficiency. Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and R&D improvements that drive improved operating performance. Consolidate project/program metrics and lead regular reviews at the BU level
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize and define ROI of automation and efficiency improvements in a way that is compelling and understandable stakeholders. Collaborate with Product and customer-facing teams to drive the most critical roadmap items forward.
- BE BOLD: Advocate for the team and influence cross-functional partners to implement necessary improvements using project management tools and techniques to identify project scope, schedule, and resources involving multiple stakeholders.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio reaches more than 5 million developers globally on a daily basis and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful.
We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way, Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program management leader to take ownership of an essential part of our fraud fighting strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) in the US with at least 10% travel expected both domestically and internationally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.