Principal Account Escalation Engineer
Remote, FL, USA
Posted 1 month ago
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve their business goals by providing outstanding service and support to our most critical customers in their most important time of need. The Principal Account Escalation Engineer works with incredible amounts of data, statistics, case related information and is responsible for coordinating efforts to resolve critical customer issues, major interruptions and client-impacting events. Coordinating and engaging with other teams such as Sales, Professional Services, Support and Engineering is critical to effectively solving these highly sensitive, high pressure situations. The ability to understand proactive and reactive data points and develop a plan of action for a customer is a critical factor for success. A thorough understanding of business impacts related to technical issues is a key critical success factor.
- Possesses a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working with a high performing, fast paced team.
- Works with a high degree of integrity, accountability, attention to detail, planning expertise and execution.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, from system admins to C-level individuals.
- Results oriented, deep understanding and capabilities in analyzing data and metrics.
- Possess a high degree of logic, tact, patience and skill under pressure.
- Technically competent in Cloud environments, Data Warehouse architectures and Software development methods, including SQL, Python, Java, .Net, JDBC, ODBC.
- Demonstrates strong judgment regarding technical solutions and the ability to back those decisions up with facts and data.
- Excellent abilities in office applications creating documents, Knowledgebase articles, spreadsheets, mathematical models, and technical presentations.
- Understands both proactive and reactive escalation management practices and how to analyze and apply data to a decision-making process.
- Work with a global mindset as part of a team of Escalation Managers and Escalation Engineers.
- Understand and interpret proactive Escalation Risk (ER) models, indicators and specific data points that indicate potential escalations.
- Global alignment and consistent application of escalation processes and technologies to address critical situations for customers.
- Present the Global Account Escalation program and principles to internal teams.
- Lead engineering investigations to bring issue resolution to support issues which can include technical complexity or politically charged escalations.
- Utilize business and technical skills to effectively manage customer escalations, coordinate meetings, calls and deliverables, and interpret trend/regression patterns.
- Meet deliverable timelines based on pre-scheduled activities and events, such as customer, team, and executive updates.
- Approach situations with a holistic view while possessing the type of magnetic personality that naturally builds relationships and instills trust.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management on the resolution of specific issues that may arise as blockers to customer progress.
- Work with support and development teams to build scalable, capable support engineering tools to proactively diagnose and resolve customer issues on first contact, eliminating the need for escalation.
- View problems and solutions holistically, from multiple viewpoints, and create a plan of action to best satisfy the needs of all stakeholders.
- Effectively advocate for required solutions to provide the best customer experience.
- Identify emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the platform.
- Maintain disciplined and regular communications within accounts while building credibility through timely action and responsiveness during the account escalation.
- Completion of scheduled updates to internal and external stakeholders, including C-level individuals, based on the priority of the escalation.
- Degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent years working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (10+ years).
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private cloud environment.
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships in Technical Support, Technical Support or Business Operations, Escalations Management or other Support Delivery based organizations.
- 3+ years of Escalation related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- Technical competence in Service/Platform/Infrastructure(SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) architectures, application, use and management.
- Perform complex debugging and remediation tasks while working with Engineering to drive support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive listening skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing relationships with leadership, colleagues, and clients.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent team player, able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?