Remote - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Posted 1 month ago
What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Who we are
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag's blogs to learn more:
Are you our next Corporate Accountant? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 2-5 years of industry experience to join our amazing Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company. You can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
We’re looking for an analytical, detail-oriented, and driven accountant to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to immerse yourself within one of the fastest growing technology companies in Canada, helping to build scalable processes and lay the accounting foundation for years to come. You will play a critical role within the record-to-report process but also be a forward-thinker, providing inputs within vital forecasts and analysis. Ideally you’re located near one of our two offices, Vancouver or Kelowna, because money doesn’t print itself. JK ;)
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you’ll be up to:
- Prepare month-end balance sheet schedules and journal entries to reconcile cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, accruals, and capital leases
- Reconcile monthly deferred revenue balance and subscription revenues by reviewing billings and collections as well as recalculating recognized revenue under generally accepted accounting principles
- Play an active role within the accounts receivable process, corresponding with customers to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Collaborate with the Sales and Sales Operations teams about customer billings and subscription schedules to ensure appropriate revenue recognition and accurate reporting
- Prepare monthly departmental budget vs actual expense reporting and play a key role within the rolling forecast of cash and expenses
- Perform weekly bank transfers to ensure that bank accounts are sufficiently funded, in the appropriate currency, for vendor, tax, and payroll disbursements
- Perform monthly corporate credit card reconciliations
- Review employee expense reports for appropriate GL coding and ensure that sufficient management approvals are obtained before reimbursement
- Record vendor invoices and process payments in Canadian and US dollars on a timely basis via ACH, wires, and cheques
- Coordinate semi-monthly payroll by providing key data and inputs to our external payroll processor
- Assist with tax compliance matters related to the filing of corporate income tax, US state sales tax, and GST returns as well as coordinating remittances
- Assist in the design and implementation of financial controls, policies, and processes to support a growing business and manage risk
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
What you’ll come with:
- CPA or CPA student nearing completion of the program
- Experience using Netsuite or a similar ERP
- Particularly strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders across the organization
- Process-driven and detail-oriented to ensure that analysis and reports are prepared in a complete, accurate, and timely manner
- Experience working within the finance team of a Software as a Service company is a plus
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one.
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians.
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing, but require you to be eligible to work in Canada.
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have impact and create an inspiring career.