Global Account Director - IBM And DXC
Remote, TX, USA
Posted 1 month ago
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Success in this position requires the candidate to be a ninja at managing relationships, execute programs, set goals and metrics, track and ensure progress. The candidate will be required to work across sales, marketing and other groups to grow successful partnerships.
We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of strong communication skills, diplomacy in successfully working with difficult partners (it’s easy when everything is going fine) and strong business acumen in growing a business/ channel/ partnership.
AS A GLOBAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, YOU WILL:
- Manage IBM Global Services and DXC (GSIs) to achieve partnership goals including sales quota and marketing activities. This is a quota carrying position.
- Develop best practices to engage with GSI's, escalate issues and set expectations with GSI's on working with Snowflake
- Develop GSI specific account plans to include annual & quarterly goals, marketing support, requirements, etc.
- Manage the process of matching up customers and GSI's as they will represent Snowflake as the professional services arm
- Ensure GSI's maintain baseline training and knowledge of Snowflake
- Adhere to and support various program guidelines, rules, and measures
- Assist as needed in the development of required support materials for the program
- Measure and report on success of assigned GSI's. Help with recruitment, training, and on-boarding of new GSI's.
- Flex your start-up muscle by doing what it takes, even if it is not in your job description. Own your success!
- Be able to travel with up to 50% in some months
OUR IDEAL GLOBAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR WILL HAVE:
- A minimum of 10 years of a mix of partner experience, sales, marketing, business development in technology - team leadership experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years channel sales or channel program management experience with accountability for revenue targets
- Working knowledge of Cloud environments is preferred
- Ability to design and present business plans, track and articulate program progress, design and document program guidelines for distribution throughout the organization (all levels) and for external use
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong problem solving skills and ability to organize priorities in a dynamic environment
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE:
- Unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive software product!
- Get unique, hands-on experience with bleeding edge data warehouse technology
- Develop a brand new set of ecosystem alliances for Snowflake making data more accessible to customers
- Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
- Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of professionals
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?