Account & Project Manager (Contract Position - 6 months)
Remote - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Full Time Contract
About Metric Strategies
Metric is a boutique digital agency that brings field-tested best practices from cutting-edge political campaigns to the advocacy, non-profit, and social enterprise sectors.
We pride ourselves on our time-tested approach. Clients and their supporters are at the core of what we do – and we work hard every day to build long-term relationships with everyone we work with.
At Metric we work with our clients to identify the people they need to talk to; the message that moves them; and the channels that reach them. Then we build amazing campaigns to fight for progressive change.
We’re looking for a team member that shares that vision - and wants to work hard to move critical projects to success.
Reporting to the Senior Account and Project Manager, Account & Project Manager will help us successfully work with our clients and keep projects on-time and on-budget.
You’ll work closely with a quickly growing team. Part of the initial duties will be to come on board, learn about your new clients and ensure their projects move forward smoothly to completion.
- Believe in making big change happen - and are excited about working with causes and movements who believe in that too.
- You are creative, collaborative, and a highly-organized self-starter with at least two years experience managing digital projects and accounts.
You’ll do things like:
- Help ensure processes and best practices are followed internally, ensuring fellow specialists along with senior leadership have everything they need to get the job done.
- Report on a weekly basis sharing where your projects are at, what its next steps are and how you’ll help the team get things done.
- Work in partnership with clients and senior management to onboard new projects, ensuring they are on time, within scope and on budget.
- Act as a primary client liaison on assigned projects, helping to manage expectations and ensure seamless integration with client teams.
- Be responsible for internal project success, such as setting team agendas, following communication norms, and efficiently allocating time.
- Organize and facilitate client calls, meetings, trainings, and strategy sessions.
- Work with the senior project manager to build timelines and budgets while keeping teams (both internal and external) accountable and on track , flagging issues before they come up, and working with the team to find solutions.
- Use and optimize our workflow on tools like Slack, Teamwork, and Harvest, and recommend new tools for continuous improvement as we grow.
To be successful in this role you'll need to have:
- Experience in client service and day-to-day client contact. A demonstrated ability to address client concerns thoughtfully and effectively.
- Experience planning, managing, monitoring and seeing complex projects through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of organization, you love when things are where they’re supposed to be.
- Strong writing skills and a proven ability to produce written material within a deadline (using tools like PowerPoint, GoogleDocs, and Microsoft Word).
- Strong judgment and critical reasoning skills, with the ability to navigate new situations.
- Confidence and professionalism while engaging with contacts ranging from grassroots activists to client elected leadership.
- A sense of humour, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Not all of these are required, but having exposure to at least a few of these skills or experiences will help you be even more successful in this role:
- Previous agency experience with a collaborative team
- Experience with project management software (we use Teamwork, Asana, Slack, and Harvest)
- Experience in agile and/or waterfall environments is an asset
Metric is an equal opportunity employer
This is a full-time contract position for six months with the possibility of extension. We expect the position to pay between $5,500 and $7,000 per month depending upon the candidate.
Successful candidates must be based in and able to work in Canada. Although the posting specifies Ottawa, this is a remote work position.
We are proud members of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 1518, Professional Division.