Business Analyst - Email Platform
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Business Analyst to join our Email Platform Business Unit (EPBU)! We are looking for someone who brings both technical and business experience to the table to tackle tough business problems using data to support their recommendations and strong processes to operationalize. Building multi-functional relationships will be crucial to the success of this role.
Twilio is looking for a someone who lives the Twilio Magic and also has demonstrated ability using data and analytics to develop and deliver on business solutions as well as experience in process improvement or business operations, and executing multi-functional projects with tech and non-tech teams.
As part of the Email Operations team, you will partner with product and GTM teams to drive strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation. You are:
- A process problem solver. You are always thinking about how to make something better end to end, and you think critically about the key data that will tell you when the proposed improvements are successful.
- Analytically precise and detail oriented. You are able to perform and deliver accurate, large-scale analyses that are measurable. Experience with Looker, Tableau, and SQL.
- A natural problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to uncertainty. You identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or calling out as appropriate.
- You communicate effectively and provide clear materials and so-whats, with meaningful recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Wear the customer’s shoes. You think through the customer experience of a process end to end, and focus on resolving problems for our customers and our employees.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first demeanor enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple multi-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners.
As a Business Analyst you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE: Investigate into metrics to identify root cause, determine improvements, and follow through with action-oriented insights
- BE AN OWNER: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Twilio Email business unit
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with and support business owners across functions to define and evaluate core processes, identify improvements, define key metrics, and measure outcomes
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program management as needed to deliver improvements to our customers
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop and implement key metric report cards for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the progress and performance across all projects
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to multi-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.