GTM Business Development Manager
US, NY, Virtual Location - New York
Posted 1 month ago
Searching for candidates in NY Metro, Boston or Philadelphia
Would you like to own building the future of cloud computing across the State and Local Government (SLG) and Higher Education (HiEd) sectors? Do you have the partner experience, industry background, and communication skills needed to thrive in this market segment? AWS is looking for a go-to-market (GTM) and Partner leader for the Northeast US who is passionate about working with partners to further the needs and interest of SLG and HiEd customers.
As a Business Development Manager (BDM) for the Northeast US, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with both ISV and Consulting partners to help them go-to-market with AWS in the SLG and HiEd space. Your responsibilities will include engaging with key strategic partners that interface with not just Central IT but also key strategic departments such as Transportation, Justice & Public Safety and Health and Human Services in SLG, and The Business School, The Admissions Office and other key HiEd departments and stakeholders. You will recruit strategic partners and then accelerate their growth by working with AWS teams that provide marketing, sales, funding, and business support programs. You will work directly with the AWS SLG and HiEd Sales team to connect qualified partners and solutions to potential customers. This position requires someone who can meet with Partner VP+ executives, deeply understand SLG and HiEd within the dynamic Public Sector industry, and match AWS partner programs to fit the partners need. The ideal candidate will possess both business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with IT and development leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead, and execute the partner strategy for the Northeast US Region for SLG and HiEd.
- Lead ISV and consulting partner recruitment, working with AWS SLG and HiEd sales team to understand the partner needs and gaps.
- Develop go-to-market strategies that effectively help partners win business via AWS Partner Network Programs. Work with internal AWS Partner Network program teams to influence partner program offers and customize for SLG and HiEd vertical needs.
- Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder within the SLG and HiEd industries.
- Work cross-functionally with other Amazon teams, including AWS SLG and HiEd Field teams and key AWS vertical leaders for HiEd Research, or Citizen Connection within SLG.
- Understand the technical considerations and legal/security requirements specific to SLG and HiEd partners, customers, and solutions.
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline for joint opportunities between AWS SLG and HiEd sellers and partners.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and gaps in your territory partner ecosystem, and create strategies and plans to accelerate progress and fill in gaps.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Minimum 8 years of partner/business development, enterprise sales, and/or program/product management experience with a focus in Public Sector, preferably SLG and/or HiEd.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with SaaS solutions, consulting partners, IT, datacenters, and/or cloud adoption
Preferred QualificationsSearching for candidates in NY Metro, Boston or Philadelphia
- Deep knowledge of SLG and HiEd partner landscape.
- Experience developing an indirect sales channel, creating programs with partners to drive scale and velocity, growing partner competencies, and delivering sell-through revenue.
- Track record for managing sales accounts and territories including sell-with motions with partners.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Job tags: AWS Entrepreneurial Product management Public Sector Research SaaS Sales pipeline Security