Learning Launch Area Manager
US, TX, Virtual Location - Texas
Who We Are – At Amazon Logistics (AMZL), our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small independent delivery businesses (Delivery Service Partners) and the independent contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. Utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our Delivery Station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their final destination as efficiently as possible. The team consistently raises the bar in customer experience and drives lean thinking in operations, while implementing innovative delivery solutions.
The Learning Launch Area Manager will play a vital role in the success of launch sites as it pertains to leading a team of specialists that will ultimately oversee site preparedness from a training perspective: updated training content, critical roles filled, and sufficient support for drivers and associates when needed. This role will also coordinate closely with stakeholders from various support groups in an effort to centralize initiatives and provide clarity and guidance to their team as well as operations partners.
Amazon Logistics is forming a Learning Launch Team under the umbrella of the NA AMZL Learning & Talent Development(L&TD) team to both participate in and support the growth of the NA AMZL network. A successful candidate will possess the ability to execute the requirements of launch from a learning experience at a high level, be customer obsessed, self-motivated, and detail oriented. The Learning Launch Area Manager will ensure that both pre- and post-launch needs are met for our Associates, Drivers, Delivery Service Partners(DSPs) and Leaders.
This role is virtual and requires 75% travel as the expectation is that this leader audits launch site readiness.
· Auditor: Ensure that all process path training at every launch station is reflective of the latest content that has been vetted through ACES and/or World Wide Training.
· Developer: Develop a post-launch mechanism to ensure training defects are captured during lessons learned, corrected for current launches, and prevented for future ones.
· Scaler: Recognition of how lessons learned can be applied to elevate training and development for both launch and legacy sites.
· Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements with business and technology teams.
· Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges.
· Builder: Build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across multiple functions and geographies.
· A completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
· 5+ years in AMZL/NACF Operations or an operations support function.
· Experience partnering with and leading virtual teams.
· Direct management experience, comprising both a salaried, hourly and agency strong workforce, in a logistics, manufacturing, engineering, production, distribution or retail environment.
· Experience with planning, performance metrics, process improvement, and lean techniques.
· Experience with the full staffing life cycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations.
· Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems .
· Flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Previous launch experience.
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities.
· Knowledge of instructional theories: adult learning, on the job learning, knowledge management theories, principles in both virtual and classroom instruction.
· Proven ability to actively use training data to track, trend, and manage training efforts.
· A strong focus on internal needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment in training.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
More Info on Inside Amazon
Job tags: Manufacturing Training