Senior Manager of Interoperability
New York, NY or Remote
Job Title: Senior Interoperability Manager
Department: Operations, Interoperability
Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect both medical and social service providers together on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides the collaborative infrastructure for these communities to track outcomes at scale. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities that our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
Unite Us is a platform seeking to enable person-centered care across a broad continuum of systems. The Senior Interoperability Manager will advance interoperability of the Unite Us platform with new and current integration partners like: industry trade groups, regulatory agencies, community-based organizations (CBOs), Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), and systems used by all-members of a whole-person care team. You will focus on growing and maintaining business and technical relationships while working closely with internal teams.
In addition to technical advancements, you will help set standards, policies, terminologies, programs, and new integrations designed to facilitate the exchange of social data between platforms. As the Senior Interoperability Manager, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions towards Unite Us’ short and long term business initiatives and to drive the future of the company’s vision.
What You'll Do:
- Own processes for product partnership intake for new integrations from Strategic Growth, Customers, and Business Leadership, including working closely with business owners, solutions architecture and product/engineers on technical evaluation of new integration projects and assisting with procurement of new partners.
- Attend and represent Unite Us in industry forums like HIMSS SDOH Taskforce and GRAVITY initiatives.
- Liaise on complex discussions with government regulators and Health Information Exchanges.
- Provide subject matter expertise to product and engineering teams with design and incorporation of the most up-to-date methods of data exchange into Unite Us technology.
- Develop strategic content in partnership with marketing and company stakeholders to share Unite Us position on complex issues of interoperability related to privacy, evolving data standards, and industry strategy.
- Background in technical or quantitative field
- Experience with a U.S.-based provider organization, consulting firm, or technology company that supports care-delivery
- Experience implementing new interfaces or integrations between applications, preferably using HL7 standards and processes such as Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and/or Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR)
- Experience and/or ability to research and understand regulatory issues related to information exchange, consent, and privacy
- Familiarity and/or experience working with industry terminology and classification systems, such as SNOMED, CPT/HCPCS, RxNORM, CVX, ICD-10, LOINC, etc.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities and work demands simultaneously, under deadlines.
- Executive presence, with strong professional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create understanding of technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strategic acumen for business and technology
- Demonstrated project execution
- Excellent collaborator and ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Commitment to Unite Us’ mission and a passion for healthcare innovation, particularly with respect to shaping interoperability and standards-based exchange
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in Unite Us office locations (NYC, Raleigh, Los Angeles) or can be considered remotely.
- This position typically requires about 15% travel however in an effort to keep our teammates safe and healthy during this pandemic, Unite Us is currently operating under a no travel policy.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics