Junior Backend Engineer
Stuart (Geopost) is the leading last-mile and eco-friendly delivery company that connects retailers and e-retailers to a fleet of geo-localised couriers. Our mission: Build the future of logistics for a sustainable world.
We are a melting-pot of 360 people of 40+ different nationalities across Paris, London, Barcelona, Madrid, and remote.
Thanks to our business-to-business (B2B) applications, we empower 2000+ companies such as Carrefour, Zalando, Nike, Monoprix, Decathlon, Apple, Just Eat, and The Kooples in France, by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across all industry verticals: Food, Grocery, Retail, etc.
The platform team at Stuart is looking for people who want to kickstart their careers in software development!
We will provide you with:
- A friendly and supportive environment in which to build your technical skills.
- A dedicated mentor.
- Learning on the job pairing with your colleagues.
- A monthly training allowance.
We expect you to:
- Grow with us! We can provide a great learning environment so you can build your technical knowledge.
- Design, develop, test and implement new features for the Stuart platform using Ruby on Rails.
- Work closely with our product team and other tech teams such as the Data, Mobile, Frontend, QA, and DevOps teams.
- You are able to build working systems using at least one programming language.
- Keen to level-up your knowledge and experience.
- Fluent in English.
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge of web development.
- Knowledge of Ruby/Rails.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiarity with Git/GitHub.
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours.
- Learning and training opportunities.
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant.
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class.
- Excellent private health care.
- Annual company offsite – Ibiza last year!
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. 5 years later couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.