Software Engineer, Core Services
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of millions of people, join our team.
About our team:
Invitae needs experienced engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission: providing genetic information to billions of people. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
What you will do:
- Design, build and test new features, services and API’s based on our technology and business needs within a fast paced, agile environment
- Work with various product and technical team members and leaders
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Lead or contribute to technical efforts for internal or external customer needs.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
What you bring:
- Minimum 3 years experience and Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline
- Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems
- Desire to write feature code as well as infrastructure as code for builds and deployments
- Strong quality and test automation bias
- Ability to work effectively with remote teammates
- Passion for software engineering and strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Must Have: Multiple years of industry experience with backend tech such as:
- Kotlin (Java, Scala ok) or Python
- Jenkins (or other CI server)
- REST API development, Swagger/OpenAPI specification and tooling
- Nice to have:
- Spring Boot
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.