Director of Therapy
Posted 1 month ago
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
About the role:
In order to meet the increased need for telehealth services and train the next generation of clinicians, Ginger is launching a first-in-class training program for Psychology doctoral students. We are seeking a Director of Clinical Training to develop, roll out, and manage this program. Specific tasks will include establishing relationships with Doctoral programs and other community partners to recruit trainees; developing program curriculum and structure; supervising Practicum and Post-Doctoral trainees; and ensuring that trainees are able to deliver high quality care on the Ginger platform. The TD will also provide direct care to ensure a high degree of familiarity with the on-demand, remote, and collaborative Ginger model.
Ginger is experiencing high-growth and is seeking a Director of Therapy to provide direct care, oversee the delivery of therapy services, identify and execute on care innovation plans, ensure that care is being delivered effectively, and provide after-hours coverage for clinical situations.
This is a remote position. Candidates must reside in the US.
Direct Care (10%)
- Provides high-quality, telehealth services in CA (preferred) or WA
Oversight of Therapy Services
- Manages treatment effectiveness protocol to ensure that care is effective (i.e., that members are responding to treatment as evidenced by PHQ9 and GAD7 scores)
- Reviews AI “snippets” to ensure that members get escalated to therapy or psych
- Supports coach QA by providing therapy “lens” in reviewing transcripts
- Manages W2 clinicians, including Therapy Services Specialists
- Oversees care provided by 1099 clinicians, utilizing feedback from relevant stakeholders (e.g., Clinical Quality Specialist, Support team, Director of Clinical Experience and Support)
- Identifies and executes on plans to innovate and scale care within the Ginger model
- Provides back-up daily coverage for clinical situations
- Provides rotating after-hours and weekend coverage
- Escalates to Medical Director as needed
- Supports hiring efforts by conducting clinical interviews, as needed
Qualifications & Education:
- Licensed as a Therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMHC, Psychologist), preferably in California or Washington
- Minimum of 8 years of direct care experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a supervisor to other therapists, preferably on a remote platform
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with measurement-based care and metrics (e.g., PHQ9 and GAD7)