Policy Lead, Customer Experience
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
Building trust with our customers is critical to Slack’s success. The Customer Experience team is looking for an experienced Policy Lead who is passionate about user privacy and maintaining customer confidence through providing excellent service. This is a demanding role that requires exceptional communication and writing skills, as well as an in-depth understanding of tech privacy and security issues. New questions and scenarios arise every day, and we need an agile problem solver to evaluate and respond to complex customer inquiries with both precision and care. In this role, you will also be responsible for identifying trends and creating scalable processes to effectively address issue areas requiring broader policy attention. To succeed in this role, you will be comfortable in a customer-oriented environment that supports both internal teams and customer representatives.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate and timely manner, composing thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests
- Act as a subject matter expert on Slack's internal policies around privacy, security, and user data for the global Customer Experience team, and as a resource to Customer Experience Agents to help resolve escalated and sensitive customer requests
- Work closely with the Privacy team to develop and organize internal policy resources, acting as an advocate for our customers' safety and trust
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation
What you should have
- You have professional experience in global Internet policy focusing on customer-facing privacy and data protection support
- You love working directly with customers, and care deeply, genuinely and passionately about the role customer support plays in making teams successful.
- You have the ability to work independently and with colleagues across multiple time zones.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues and know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer successful.
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly and can translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
- You have a mastery of English and are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You have experience interacting directly with both enterprise and consumer customers.
- You know SQL and can write basic scripts.