Sr. Customer Champion, Escalations
Posted 1 month ago
Our Support Escalations is hiring! As a Senior Customer Champions in Escalation, you employ advanced technical skills to investigate and resolve customer issues, assist developers with integrations, advocate for bug fixes, and help advance the rest of the Support team.
Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs. If you’re interested in growing your career at a fast-paced and profitable company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You’ve spent 5+ years in technical customer support roles.
- You know APIs. You have significant experience with APIs and webhooks.
- You’re technical. You have strong familiarity with HTTP status codes and ability to use them to guide troubleshooting.
- You live in the logs. You quickly construct an effective query, efficiently detect an outage, easily able to determine which logs are relevant and helpful to troubleshoot an incident.
- You love a good challenge. You will tackle the tickets that cannot be resolved by other support teams, applying additional technical investigation or related specialized knowledge to either solve the problem or to determine the problem that is to be solved.
- You manage the balance between being thorough and being expedient. On this team we must not only be an expert troubleshooter, but an efficient troubleshooter, as the complexity of the workload increases disproportionately to the amount of time we have for each ticket.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented.
- You love helping customers. This role interacts with many types of customers, from everyday users to Developers to internal stakeholders. You appreciate them all and understand each type of customer may require an adjustment in tone and approach.
Things You'll Do
- Spend 25 hours in Help Scout each week in our Escalations Queue as well as our Core Support Queue
- File and supplement technical issues based on problems detected in escalations
- Participate in timely routing (“triage”) of GitHub issues
- Respond to developers in our “Waiting on Zapier” queue, maintaining our 24 hour response guideline
- Respond to questions in the #techsupport channel
- Participate in the documentation of technical concepts or Escalations work
- Travel 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
What we offer
Location: Remote (US time zones)
In addition to competitive salary and the ability to work from anywhere in the world, we offer:
- Annual compensation reviews
- Healthcare + Dental + Vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Unlimited vacation policy with a 2 week mandatory minimum
- Profit sharing
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Professional development budget
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.