Full Stack Engineer, Invoices
Posted 1 month ago
Full Stack Engineer, Invoices
Full stack engineers use their combinatory powers to bring systems together to build amazing experiences.
🌐Remote in North America only
At Stripe, we are working hard at growing the GDP of the internet by building products and processes to help run an online business. Full stack engineers at Stripe push us further towards that goal by bridging the gap between backend and frontend systems to solve technical challenges quickly and effectively. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with experts in product, legal, infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that power Stripe users around the world.
This is an opportunity to work on one of Stripe’s fastest-growing products. Your contributions will enable the more than 100,000 businesses that rely on Stripe’s invoices and subscriptions to manage the relational, technical, and regulatory complexity of scaling in a global marketplace.
- Work with a wide range of systems, stakeholders, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from design to delivery
- Design, test, and ship great code every day to build impactful new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Contribute directly to the technical and product roadmap
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have ideally 7+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Are excited by the prospect of a remote-forward culture and by working with a fully remote engineering team
- Enjoy being a generalist, doing anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in seeing projects through to successful completion, utilizing a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Can stitch many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.